Limited Run Star Trek - Edith Keeler Prop Newspapers - The City on the Edge of Forever

DB537

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Limited run for the two Edith Keeler prop newspapers as seen on Spock's tricorder in 'The City on the Edge of Forever'.

The newspapers are available and ready to ship today. I have added new photos at the end of this post showing the finished papers.

Buy on Etsy: Star Trek TOS 2 Edith Keeler Replica Prop Newspapers the | Etsy
Buy on eBay: Star Trek TOS - Edith Keeler - 2 Prop Replica Star Dispatch Newspapers | eBay

The price is $24.99+shipping, which is calculated based on size and destination.

Australia is not currently available as a shipping option due to excessive delays in shipments to that country.
If you are in Australia and are interested in buying a set, please contact me first so I can set up a custom shipping option for you.

This set will include both versions of the 'Star Dispatch' newspaper.

1. F.D.R. Confers with Slum Area 'Angel' - Feb. 23, 1936
2. Social Worker Killed - Undated 1930

FREE EXTRA: 1986 San Francisco Register prop newspaper replica, as seen in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.

I have fully restored a very high resolution scan of the entire original surviving FDR prop newspaper page. I also have a copy of both of the prop-accurate interior pages for these newspapers. As with the original 1960s props, page 2 and page 4 are the exact same page, repeated. The interior and back pages are entirely filler, with no relevant content.

The 'Social Worker Killed' page graphics were carefully reassembled using the correct content for the visible portion of the page, and authentic vintage prop newspaper filler for the rest of the page. For these graphics, I only used reference material from my collection of Earl Hays Press vintage prop newspapers to ensure that it is as authentic as possible.

The newspaper page measurement is 17" wide and 22.75" long. This is the measurement of the front page when it is unfolded. The full 4-page sheet will be 34" x 22.75" when unfolded and opened flat.

These were printed on an actual vintage broadsheet newspaper press, with the exact same type of newsprint paper as the original props. Check out the other listing for my 'Back to the Future' Hill Valley Telegraph newspaper prop replicas. This set will have the same kind of quality and accuracy.

The source of the FDR prop scan, (The Margaret Herrick Library at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences) has requested that a specific credit be placed on that page. This detail is carefully hidden in the text of one of the filler articles at the bottom of the page, and is not obvious or distracting.

The price for this set is $24.99 + shipping. These newspapers are wider than my 'Back to the Future' replicas, so they will require a larger mailer, which will increase my postage costs.

Thanks!

FDR1.png

FDR2.png

SWK1.png

SWK2.png

This is a section of the restored high resolution original prop scan:

Scan Sample 1.PNG

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Last edited:
This looks like a great project. Did you see what the Wand Company was doing to create hi-res restorations for their tricorder project? They did a really good job with AI enhancements but maybe you could collaborate with them to make it even better.

Yes. I have been in contact with them and sent some reference material and suggestions. The final version of their newspapers for the tricorder is going to look much better than the initial mock-up from that update. The FDR page (and Keeler photo) that I have is virtually perfect and needs no further enhancements. But I will be using similar methods to improve the other Keeler photo to newspaper quality.

The scans of the inside filler pages are finished and ready for printing. I will also have the alternate front page layout finished later this week. I checked with the newspaper company, and they will have no problems printing these oversized broadsheet pages. I will post the pre-order on Etsy sometime next week. The newspapers will also be available on eBay after I receive them from the printer. I should have them available and ready to ship by the end of October, which is about 6 weeks earlier than I previously expected.

The scans of the inside filler pages are finished and ready for printing. I will also have the alternate front page layout finished later this week. I checked with the newspaper company, and they will have no problems printing these oversized broadsheet pages. I will post the pre-order on Etsy sometime next week. The newspapers will also be available on eBay after I receive them from the printer. I should have them available and ready to ship by the end of October, which is about 6 weeks earlier than I previously expected.
Will you post the day you put it on Etsy here also ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back