Star Trek door chime (replica door control panel)

See, that's what I love about my TD robe. It's like 'bro' radar. I instantly like anyone who knows what it is. :thumbsup

I have both and I can tell you I get no reaction while wearing the TD robe from anyone that sees it.
When I wear my captain's robe, people lose their minds! It's very well made.

Last edited:
At a glance, it looks pretty close to scale. Can't be off by much is it?

I just mine, I love it!! I only have one issue, I wish it were 1/1 scale. I am already thinking of building a correct scale version using the electronics, well worth getting.

A good bit smaller at 6.5" x 5.5" the top left frosted "acrylic" piece seems even smaller in scale.

I'm hoping to rip out the electronics and use them in a more realistic version.

At a glance, it looks pretty close to scale. Can't be off by much is it?

Gah, now backordered another "1-3 weeks" at ThinkGeek. This is starting to remind me of the delays for those Diamond Select (?) phaser replicas/toys.

I shouldn't be blowing money on a toy right now, but I ordered one yesterday. :unsure I also used a few geek points to get that lab beaker coffee mug.

My only gripe... shouldn't the frosted piece light up? ...in fact... the selector switch should be a light too... In fact, the more I think about it... I'm a little disappointed.

Oh well. It's just fun.

I think its a good investment ,before they stop making them ......

you won't regret it.

Worth every penny

Ok, you guys convinced me. :lol It seems to be popular, as fast as they've sold out.

I wonder if there's a way to make the translucent square light up red instead of what is supposed to be the red alert activation button. I'm sure the electronics wizards on here will find a way to make it work.

My only gripe... shouldn't the frosted piece light up? ...in fact... the selector switch should be a light too... In fact, the more I think about it... I'm a little disappointed.

Oh well. It's just fun.

Darth, your comment made me go look at pics online and I realized you're right about the switch and the square. Eh, it'll be cool to play with no matter what. Hell, I was born in 65 and grew up watching reruns of the show (and hearing my older brothers saying "WHAT? You've seen this episode a million times!" every time I'd flip on the show. It's cool to have a replica wall comm that I watched Kirk walk up to and hit with his fist to turn it on. Now I have to decide where in my apartment it will go. :lol

These are the mods I'd like to see done:

Longer white push button
Silver ring around button should be black
Replace the frosted block with a bigger one (though it may look out of proportion)
A red blinking light constantly blinking with no sound

If those could be done I would be MUCH happier with it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back