Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

How are you watching Star Trek: Discovery?

• Signed up for CBS All Access before watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Signed up for CBS All Access after watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Not signing up, but will watch if it's available for free

Votes: 82 57.3%
  • On Netflix (Non-US viewer)

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
How is it that a Star Fleet captain gets to have a boy toy to play with. I like the Book character but it gets a bit too emo at times.

Okay did the damn writers not even read the scripts for the first few seasons? Shouldn't the whole crew be much more concerned that the ships computer is becoming sentient? I mean that is how you get skynet (Again)

Behind the scenes video of the Duhscovery writers' room.
paste.gif

Don't have a dissenting opinion on anything Kurtzman Trek, you'll be labelled a hater. Simply because you recognise inferior writing and a poor interpretation of Star Trek.
Kurtzman in general and almost worse, Chabon with Picard, seemed to love talking about inclusivity in interviews yet deliberately wanted to divide the fanbase.
Such a tragic waste of the franchise that clueless hacks have a stranglehold on Star Trek.

Since Discovery stopped airing on Netflix, I have completely lost interest. I don't even know where it's on now, although I guess it's a free platform.

When Paramount launches the streaming platform in this country, Star Trek will probably be completely dead anyway. The interest in another streaming service is just not there.

^ Yes. That. Exactly that. Except I kept watching past season one, and feel it should have started in the 25th century, post-Burn. For all the reasons he cited.

“The year is 1987, and N.A.S.A. launches the last of America's deep space probes…

In a freak mishap, Ranger 3 and its pilot Commander Michael 'Mikey’ Burnham are blown out of their trajectory into an orbit which freezes her life support systems, and returns Mikey Burnham to Earth five-hundred years later…”

C73DE761-25E9-4886-94D1-56D04598890D.jpeg

Along the same lines….

Last edited:
“The year is 1987, and N.A.S.A. launches the last of America's deep space probes…

In a freak mishap Ranger 3 and its pilot Commander Michael 'Mikey’ Burnham are blown out of their trajectory into an orbit which freezes her life support systems, and returns Mikey Burnham to Earth five-hundred years later…”

View attachment 1535797

Along the same lines….

This was...Absolutely...AWESOME!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back