Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

How are you watching Star Trek: Discovery?

• Signed up for CBS All Access before watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Signed up for CBS All Access after watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Not signing up, but will watch if it's available for free

Votes: 82 57.3%
  • On Netflix (Non-US viewer)

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
It's possible that these are not Klingons. But if they are, I'll give it a shot. The singular ridge reminds me a lot of the TMP Klingons, which to this day I still consider to be the most intimidating looking Klingons to ever grace the screen.

It's possible that these are not Klingons. But if they are, I'll give it a shot. The singular ridge reminds me a lot of the TMP Klingons, which to this day I still consider to be the most intimidating looking Klingons to ever grace the screen.

I've always like the TMP Klingons the most as well. They somehow seemed more militant, where in TNG they seemed more like a motorcycle gang.

They changed the Klingons radically fron TOS to TMP, so it's not like giving them a new look is unheard of.

that picture has been floating around for about 5 days now or so.

So,

Either it took Paramount that long to notice it..

or they DID notice it, saw the reaction and thought 'oh crap, they hate our klingons! what are we going to do now?'

i wouldn't be surprised to see discovery delayed again :)

Can you tell i have no faith in them to get star trek done RIGHT these days?

"they kinda looked like them" not even close, Klingons for example have hair......

Not the 'mass appeal' Klingons.

klingon_zps6a6fb685.png

There's been nothing positive about this show from the start; the over-analyzing, horrible design, incompetent production/mgmt roles, complete waste of the asset team and development cycle (re-do this, that, we don't know what we want), a complete train wreck.

If those really are reimagined Klingons, the leaker did a great service to fandom though certainlly unintentionally.
I hope the studio is looking at the fan reactions. Even if they are not Klingons it's a positive thing
that they hear the reaction.

what are the chances that was a PLANNED leak just to gauge reaction?

usually you'd think security for something like this would be far tighter than that to allow something like that to happen.

what are the chances that was a PLANNED leak just to gauge reaction?
Pretty high, I'd say. Studios do this kind of thing all the time--release "top secret" information and say it was some careless underling. "Oh, so-and-so shouldn't have let anyone see that photo. We'll have to talk to him about that. But, uhhh, since you've seen it, what do you think?" :rolleyes

Pretty high, I'd say. Studios do this kind of thing all the time--release "top secret" information and say it was some careless underling. "Oh, so-and-so shouldn't have let anyone see that photo. We'll have to talk to him about that. But, uhhh, since you've seen it, what do you think?"

Yeah... because why be upfront about this sort of thing and just put it out as a "focus group" press release to gauge fan response.
I guess the recent Ghostbusters movie is proof that fan/view response doesn't stop the train from crashing and in some case it makes them go full throttle thinking they're going to prove everyone wrong with the final product.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back