Done / Completed Star Lord Helmet - All Done

Re: Star Lord Helmet from 3D Print (collab with TheRocketeer)

Nice to see you guys are including those of us with over-sized craniums. Definitely interested.

The raw print is done, just finishing a couple tubes, it will be on it's way to TheRocketeer tomorrow. This pic shows just how much work is required to take a raw 3D print and actually make it into something people would buy.

To those asking for my 3D files, trust me, the amount of work to go from what's above to a smooth, wearable helmet is well worth the $230.00. And no, I won't share :angry

Trust me this is not going to be too large, I have a 22.25" head and I want to be able to wear it too. :)

My dome is 22.25 as well so that's a relief and if its a bit big I can always add some foam spacers to the inside and you wouldn't know the difference.

The raw print is done, just finishing a couple tubes, it will be on it's way to TheRocketeer tomorrow. This pic shows just how much work is required to take a raw 3D print and actually make it into something people would buy.

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p533/rgriesbeck/Star Lord/2014-07-29100644_zpsbfb98c1f.jpg

To those asking for my 3D files, trust me, the amount of work to go from what's above to a smooth, wearable helmet is well worth the $230.00. And no, I won't share :angry

Great job rgriesbeck it looks amazing i'm really excited to see the finished cast you did a fantastic job on these files. count me as definitely in once the run starts.

Last edited:

Absolutely interested, this looks like it's shaping up very nicely.

I'm pretty new to this, but if it was a little too big, how hard would it be to glue some craft foam inside to make it fit better? Unless you just don't want to see it when it's on display? Seems like it would be pretty difficult to make something like this that fits such a wide variety of people? You could even just slip a piece of craft foam inside and not glue it, I would think?

You can easily shim it with foam to make it fit better. Keep it clean to leave it in while displaying, or use velcro so it's removable

I've got a 23 inch head, which seems pretty average. We're leaving a bit of room for those with 24s, while people with 22s can do as Kevin said, foam it up a bit. The plan is still to use probably a strap to hold the front onto your head, then the back piece will magnet onto the front. Easy peasy

wow....well done....I am still in for one

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back