Limited Run STAR-LORD BAG, professionally made. Now shipping!

Re: Star-Lord Bag, professionally made (pic heavy!)

Received my bag ......Looks great nice construction just need to weather it next

Re: Star-Lord Bag, professionally made (pic heavy!)

Received mine as well. Looks great! Super nice construction.

If you're looking for a SL bag, and are on the fence about which one to get... I Highly recommend getting on this before they're gone!

Re: Second Run: Star-Lord Bag, professionally made.

I'm looking at having a second run of these bags made, as I've sold all but two of the first run. So here are the changes that will happen on the new run:

Color change of the canvas pieces. The orange panels will be changed to a more nutmeg brown. The rest of the canvas will be a more muted color, not quite so bright yellow.
Panel shapes. On the first run, many of the panels are overlapping so far that the rivets pierce more than one panel at a time. I'll try to have the shapes changed so that, like on the film bag, they only overlap a bit at the edges, but are not riveted together.
Strap change. The shape was a bit off in some small ways, and the shoulder panel will be scooted to a more comfortable spot.
Extended D-ring attachments. The spots where the should strap D-rings attach were too short and didn't have the rivet in them. That will be fixed.
Better leather. I'll be using only the highest quality leather, instead of the money-saving leather. This should be soft, lighter weight, and far less stiff. The better leather will be on both the bag and the straps.
Snaps. Unfortunately, getting the correct snaps on the front straps is such a pain in the butt and costs so much, I don't think I'll be doing it this time (unless there is really high demand for it). Normal magnetic snaps will be used instead.
Rivet sizes. A couple of the studs on the first version were the wrong size I think. I'll verify everything is correct.

If there are any requests about changes, feel free to either comment or message me! Things can be changed before production starts, especially if it's little things.

The new bags will be priced at $295 + shipping.
For anyone willing to pay early (before you've seen the updated version of the bag) the price will be $270. If you are interested please comment/pm me, and PLEASE let me know if you would be willing to be in the early paying group.

See the newly updated first post for some photos of the original.

Re: Second Run: Star-Lord Bag, improved and professionally made.

Bump. I'm hoping to have some interest soon, I am trying to have this run made by the beginning of September.

I want in! Really want one but couldn't swing it, cash wise, till mid-July. I owe Rocketeer too much. :D

But if the run won't be due till after that, then count me in. If early payment is still available late July you can put me down for that as well.

Edit: Could I see the quoted price with the correct snaps? I know you wanted to avoid it but I am about accuracy.

Edit: Could I see the quoted price with the correct snaps? I know you wanted to avoid it but I am about accuracy.

If I do the run with the correct snaps, it would be all of them. There won't be some with/some without. And it would increase the cost by $45 per bag.

Re: Second Run: STAR-LORD BAG, improved and professionally made.

Free bump, come on people jump on board!
I've decided to go ahead and get a new sample made, I'll assume that that will help get more interest. I hope to have the run ready in time for Halloween, at least!

The new sample bag should be finished soon! I hope that I will have it in hand in the next week and a half.

I don't know how I haven't seen this yet... I'm interested regardless!

Ok, the new sample is here.

Here's the thing.. .It doesn't look much different. In some ways it looks worse, but let me explain :)
On this new sample, they forgot a couple small details. The straps on the front of the bag don't have the stitching.
The D rings are the wrong shape (they're standard D rings instead of the... how to describe them? Longer? ones on the bag).
In a test to try to get the color different, I went with a lighter canvas for the main part of the bag, and what I thought would be a browner color for the panels. The bag is TOO light colored, and the panels, while less pumpkin colored than before, are still too light, and I'll be adjusting them again for the next run.

However, I love it. I had them use a higher quality of leather for everything that is leather on the bag. It's just... nicer. It weighs at least a pound less, and it's much more pliable (I'd say the top problem with my first run is that the leather backing of the bag was a bit stiff).

Other changes that were done:
The snaps on the front are magnetic rather than the CobraX ones used in the movie. This makes it easier for me and for the manufacturer, and cheaper for you.

The loops where the shoulder strap D rings attached are longer. Well one is, they didn't understand that both needed to change even though I told them, because English is tricky as a second language it seems. BUT they will be both longer on the new run :)

Fixed the size of some of the rivets.

The panels now overlap, but they aren't riveted in place on the top. So each panel has only two rivets holding it down, and the above panel holds down the top edge of the panel below it. If you have no idea what I mean by this, then it's an insignificant detail to you and you can ignore it.

Moved the shoulder pad a bit. It's now in a spot that rests better with the bag in a more natural position.

No more blue thread that was used for some reason in a few spots.

So here's what I'm going to do. Using photos of the old one AND the new one, I'm going to photoshop up a version that shows the new bag with all the corrections, but with all of the good things that were ignored and with all of the corrections still to come, so you can see what the finished, correct bag will look like.

Sorry to have to do this in this weird way. And I know not all of this post feels positive. But honestly, please take away from this that I am excited about this new bag. I love how it feels holding it and wearing it. I'm happy about the way the changes look (the ones they did right). And if there's anything these guys are good at, it's getting the details right when I explain exactly what to do, with pictures to help show what I mean. Which I'll do for every little thing :D

I'm excited to see it. However could we get a picture of the new sample as is? I'm curious to see a comparison. Can't wait for the final version though!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back