Limited Run STAR-LORD BAG, professionally made. Now shipping!

Re: Star-Lord Bag, professionally made (photos of prototype included)

The prototype has been shipped to me, I should have it by the end of the week. Once it's here, I'll post a list of everything I can tell needs correcting, and I will be happy to have others contribute to that list!

Interested...put me down

In case anyone was worried, they did get the strap threaded right :)

m6FO7EW.jpg

I would like to offer a few corrections about the straps.

A. The shoulder pad doesn't have any thread line.
(I don't know is it adjustable or not. And the length is a little longer than your current prototype is. both shoulder pad and overall length seems to be longer.)
2015-02-10114001_zps6a79b00f.jpg

B. It's not a straight line where it holds buckles.
(I wasn't sure whether you know about this or not but so far I don't see any mentions about this. I think they have cut the straps for fitting the buckle.)
VEST DETAIL 1 back.JPG

I would like to offer a few corrections about the straps.

A. The shoulder pad doesn't have any thread line.
(I don't know is it adjustable or not. And the length is a little longer than your current prototype is. both shoulder pad and overall length seems to be longer.)

B. It's not a straight line where it holds buckles.
(I wasn't sure whether you know about this or not but so far I don't see any mentions about this. I think they have cut the straps for fitting the buckle.)

I did know that there are some issues on the strap sizes/shapes, including the cuts/notches where the buckle attaches. I had not noticed yet that there was no stitching on the shoulder pad, thank you!!

If there's still room, I'm interested.

Add me to the interested list please!

I did know that there are some issues on the strap sizes/shapes, including the cuts/notches where the buckle attaches. I had not noticed yet that there was no stitching on the shoulder pad, thank you!!

Speaking of the strap stitching. Your samples seem to have the stitching very near the edge. In your photos the stitching seems to be farther from the edge. Do you know which you'll be going with yet?

Also, will these straps be adjustable at all? I'm a tad on the short side is why I ask.

Speaking of the strap stitching. Your samples seem to have the stitching very near the edge. In your photos the stitching seems to be farther from the edge. Do you know which you'll be going with yet?

Also, will these straps be adjustable at all? I'm a tad on the short side is why I ask.
The stitching on the samples is too close to the edge, yes. It will be more like the movie bag on the final.

As for adjustable straps, that depends on whether everyone can come to an agreement on how the straps should be, and if there is an adjustable design that is still screen-accurate (looking). I'm all for it.

I actually don't think the strap has stitching, just a groove

I actually don't think the strap has stitching, just a groove

fbzUm1t.jpg

That had never even occurred to me. I saw that there was a line in the strap, and just assumed stitching. But I can't find a clear photo that supports that, and the large pic I posted of Pratt at the hospital earlier in this thread rather looks like it agrees with you.

Hey, it arrived! I added a buckle.

ObQLJOH.jpg

Clearly there are inaccuracies. Later today I'll post more pictures as well as my list of things that need changing. I look forward to any input from others on what needs to be different!

Ok, more pictures:

SKOvwli.jpg

Li0rD4j.jpg

aREGXuK.jpg

Now for the list of corrections I know of it needing:

The color of both parts of canvas is wrong (the orange more so)
No pattern printed
The d-rings are the wrong shape (they aren't the longer diving rings)
The brown panels are spaced incorrectly:
Z5Ac6Ns.jpg

The flap is connected to the bottom of the right d-ring, rather than the top of it:
ZStrTnY.jpg

The right grommet is in the wrong spot and at the wrong angle:
HyseOrY.jpg

The small strap on the right, because of the grommet, is pointing at the wrong angle (see above picture)
Screen accurate snaps still missing (but I will have them on the production bags)
Small black cord on the top of the small strap on the left is not there at the moment. I have some cord, just haven't added it. Also, should this be a snap or rivet on the strap?:
7VggZPL.jpg

Wrong buckle (it's a 45mm in stainless, but... I stained it.)
Straps are a little too short by about 30-35cm (my fault, told them the wrong size), and probably not in quite the right shapes (with all the angled cuts and whatnot)
Notches for the buckle I added myself, needs to be added to production
The lines/gussetts on the front of the front pouch are not positioned right:
0TzXNKO.jpg

The front pouch starts to far to the left; it should not have the opening visible at the edge of the flap:
vmSavsM.jpg

Wrong type of stitching holding the leather edge piece to the back leather piece (I think it should be more like a moccasin stitch, with both inside layers of leather touching):
KBpcJra.jpg

No trapezoid on one side of the back where the small straps attach:
85LNEo1.jpg

Stitched edge along the leather/canvas portions (main body and the flap) isn't thick/tube-like enough
Rivets on the straps aren't all spaces correctly:
RG1GXPX.jpg

Stitching/groove on the straps is too close to the edge, should be moved in a bit.

According to Risu (I'm not disagreeing):
The lining color is far too purple, and should be a purple-hued brown.
Gussets don't expand (I'm not sure they should)

Kevin Gossett suggests the straps have a groove engraved/marked, but are not stitched. He might very well be right, and I've talked to the bag makers and it's something they can do.

And an album with these and a few more photos: http://imgur.com/a/tgu9S

Last edited:
Re: Star-Lord Bag, professionally made (pic heavy!)

These photos might help your run.

I think the quadrangle pannels are not fixing each others by the rivets.
Two rivets are fixing only one pannel and other pannel's end is just fixed by some adhesive or moving freely I guess.
It's just seem to be fixed by the rivets because it's under the other pannel's end where it is fixed by two rivets.
Also I count there are 8 of those quadrangle pannels and 5 of them are penetrated by a strap and 3 of them are in different shapes as shown in the photos.
16488775296_4668c44f36_b.jpgGuardians.Of.The.Galaxy(2014)1080p.IMAX.BrRip.x264.DTS-HD-iPv.mkv_20150905_134050.270.png

And about the stiching of the strap...
I just check out the movie again and I think Kevin made a really good point.
I can't see any stiching on the straps.
I think they are really just a groove.
Guardians.Of.The.Galaxy(2014)1080p.IMAX.BrRip.x264.DTS-HD-iPv.mkv_20150905_133444.479.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back