SS Buck Rogers Starfighter

Will it be possible to get the pilot figure separately? I have the Starfighter from the previous release but It does not have a pilot.

Thanks

Archie

DECALS ARE IN.. I am overnighting them to Steve tonight. Kits will ship on Friday. I've included both the black background for the Earth Directorate logo and the very dark blue versions. Your choice.

George

<div class='quotetop'>(swpropmaker @ Oct 10 2006, 07:25 PM) [snapback]1335758[/snapback]</div>
Kurt... did you get all your answers you were looking for?

Thanks

Steve
[/b]
Sure did Steve.... Thanks dude. I have to admit that I was in sticker shock yesterday. LOL

If I place an order with George today, would my order ship on this Friday as well? If so,.. I will send PayPal as soon as you can confirm that.

Thanks again.

yep As soon as George confirms i'll address it and ship it. Its a huge chunk O resin hense the shock. Starting to get cold in Denver need $$ for heating oil to get the escape Pod and AT-ST cranked out. Did I mention there may be a ROTJ version and ESB version? if not there you have it here first.

Steve

Guys, I have recieved the decals. Wow they are nice. Great Job Mark D. and JT Graphics. I placed them in an envelope against the side of the box. They will be dropped off to the post office after work today. State side / Canada will ship via Priority mail and overseas will ship global express.

I have ONE EXTRA complete Thunder Fighter kit thats ready for shipping today if someone wants it. All I need is a confirmation of PAYPAL and a good address I'll ship it out with this batch.

We will be posting instructions here as soon as they are complete. We are working on them now. IF you have any questions on the build please email or PM myself or Ryan.

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(swpropmaker @ Oct 13 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]1337493[/snapback]</div>
We will be posting instructions here as soon as they are complete. We are working on them now. IF you have any questions on the build please email or PM myself or Ryan.

Steve
[/b]

Gang,

I am working on getting a write up done this weekend, there are some key issues as far as paint and decals that I'll try and address as soon as possible. Assembly is pretty straightforward, but everything requires some "finessing" to get things 100%, IE, there is a LEFT and a RIGHT wing, and a LEFT and a RIGHT engine, and the engines both have TOP and BOTTOMS. I want to make sure you all get these built up right, so I'll focus on getting the intial parts assembly together up after work on Saturday/Sunday evening and try and add on paint and decal info ASAP.

Now that I'm not casting like a fool every spare minute getting these out, I should have some time to work on it, so look soon, a link is to follow. Probably for space and ease sake it will be posted as a series of power point presentations, a la the TIE fighter, so have a reader handy.

Ryan

<div class='quotetop'>(swpropmaker @ Oct 13 2006, 08:52 AM) [snapback]1337493[/snapback]</div>
Guys, I have recieved the decals. Wow they are nice. Great Job Mark D. and JT Graphics. I placed them in an envelope against the side of the box. They will be dropped off to the post office after work today. State side / Canada will ship via Priority mail and overseas will ship global express.

I have ONE EXTRA complete Thunder Fighter kit thats ready for shipping today if someone wants it. All I need is a confirmation of PAYPAL and a good address I'll ship it out with this batch.

Steve
[/b]
SWEET.

Will you shoot me a tracking number when ya ship?

Glad you liked my drawings for the decals Steve. Jeff ( JT Graphics ) is a good friend. I supplied him with the mkII Viper art as well. He did some research and did more graphics based on the 1:1 mock up. Frank and Moe loved the result. Any time you need graphics drawn for decals talk to me or Jeff :D Jesse even got some graphics from me :angel Having worked on the pilot and few US made sfx episode it was nice to get some physical models done. This Star Fighter is going to be a cool kit. Enjoy.

Mark

ALL ... I mean all Starfighters have been shipped. I have Insurance numbers for the lot of them. Domestic shipping was Priority 2 to 3 day and 2 that went International were Global express. Feels good to get them out the door.

Thanks Mark. Hope your feeling better. You kicked serious butt on these.

Steve

Steve,

Its gonna need a stand like the MR snow speeder. There are no mounting holes on the craft. I had a local shop price a custom base for under $100 no cover if cover is added price will co up.

The base is 3/4" black acrylic with three clear mounting stands. It is 24" long and 19" wide and includes a laser cut Earth Directorite logo and Buck Rogers film title logo.

Then under that in Buck Rogers font

Earth Directorite
"Thunderfighter" or "Starfighter" Which ever...

the etching is done into the black base. Can be either located at the front or the side of the display base.

I can take orders for these and I'm sure the more we get the less it will cost. Lemme know and I'll have the proto type made and show pics.

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>(swpropmaker @ Oct 13 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1337870[/snapback]</div>
ALL ... I mean all Starfighters have been shipped. I have Insurance numbers for the lot of them. Domestic shipping was Priority 2 to 3 day and 2 that went International were Global express. Feels good to get them out the door.

Thanks Mark. Hope your feeling better. You kicked serious butt on these.

Steve
[/b]
Hey Steve... the base sounds kewl. I look forward to seeing pics.

BTW.... got a tracking number on the Starfighter shipment for me?

Also,.. did the two TIE's ship yesterday with the fix you had mentioned to me you wanted to do on Friday? If so,.. is there a tracking for them as well? If not,.. will you please send me the tracking for them when they then ship tomorrow (Monday 10/16/06)? KEWL..

Thanks Steve.... I 've got a builder ready to go on these as soon as they arrive. ;)

BTW... Bob (Hand Solo) was excited when I assigned him the Starfighter Commission. I am just as excited to see what he does with it. Thanks for offering these beauties. I have always wanted one and it will go well in the collection.

Now,... about that Draconian Maurader? LOL.... just joking... for now (LOL) ... I need recovery time anyway and time is welcome in my camp right now...lol. However,.. at least you know I am interested in it if in fact you have that in the works. ;)

Gang,

Still working on the assembly instructions, I finally got all the pics I should need uploaded. It was a PITA, white resin under light DOES NOT show panel lines, so I had to do a quick sludge wash which took most of the day to make them pop out to show the details.

I should have the basic assembly instructions up by Tuesday, and paint guide shortly thereafter, and the decal guide is at least a week or two off. I'm holding off on the paint color guide of equivalent paints until I find out if we were able to match the original paint or not 100%, but the panel differences which I'm laying out will be the same no matter what so I will put that up as soon as I finish editing the pictures.

On that note, anyone got a shot of the underside of the Studio original with panel color details? I've got what’s most accepted as "correct" paneling for the underside, but my research has turned up that there MAY be a LOT more panels on the top that previously thought, and so I'm hoping for a decent shot to magically appear in my in box (I would not share it without permission of course) so I can nail the paneling 100% on the bottom too. My paint guide is going to be in halves, one half the “accepted” paneling paint scheme, and the other what I think is REALLY there.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know I AM still working on it, and I will try and get it up ASAP so that when your kits get out to you (should be in your hands early this week for those Stateside) and the eager beaver types start building it up, you’ll have something to go off of. It was fun spending an hour at the PO shipping all of these out, and when you guys get them I’d appreciate a “it arrived” post, and maybe some pictures would not go amiss either.

Kurt, I donÂ’t know if Steve did tracking or not, I do not think so but I know that insurance was pulled for each one so he does have those numbers.

Ryan

<div class='quotetop'>(belleauwood @ Oct 15 2006, 11:19 PM) [snapback]1338917[/snapback]</div>
Gang,

Still working on the assembly instructions, I finally got all the pics I should need uploaded. It was a PITA, white resin under light DOES NOT show panel lines, so I had to do a quick sludge wash which took most of the day to make them pop out to show the details.

I should have the basic assembly instructions up by Tuesday, and paint guide shortly thereafter, and the decal guide is at least a week or two off. I'm holding off on the paint color guide of equivalent paints until I find out if we were able to match the original paint or not 100%, but the panel differences which I'm laying out will be the same no matter what so I will put that up as soon as I finish editing the pictures.

On that note, anyone got a shot of the underside of the Studio original with panel color details? I've got what’s most accepted as "correct" paneling for the underside, but my research has turned up that there MAY be a LOT more panels on the top that previously thought, and so I'm hoping for a decent shot to magically appear in my in box (I would not share it without permission of course) so I can nail the paneling 100% on the bottom too. My paint guide is going to be in halves, one half the “accepted” paneling paint scheme, and the other what I think is REALLY there.

Anyway, I wanted to let you know I AM still working on it, and I will try and get it up ASAP so that when your kits get out to you (should be in your hands early this week for those Stateside) and the eager beaver types start building it up, you’ll have something to go off of. It was fun spending an hour at the PO shipping all of these out, and when you guys get them I’d appreciate a “it arrived” post, and maybe some pictures would not go amiss either.

Kurt, I donÂ’t know if Steve did tracking or not, I do not think so but I know that insurance was pulled for each one so he does have those numbers.

Ryan
[/b]
Kewl.

Thanks Ryan. I will definitely post when it arrives. Steve emailed me yesterday and told me the same info about the Starfighter and the two TIE's. I am very much looking forward to their arrival. BTW... Bob (Hand Solo) will be doing the Starfighter build immediately after the three Hero X-wings. ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back