Squirrel Girl Costume-Jacket

wolfiejinn

For those interested in cosplaying The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, I found the perfect cheap alternative to an actual $200-$250 bomber jacket. The Top Gun 2 Maverick jacket found on Party City's website, is perfect. I'm currently removing the sew-on patches and there is NO damage from the stitching. It's like they were never there. They told me at Party City that the sizes ran small (like most costumes) so I ordered a Plus size (XL & up). It's a men's jacket so runs big on a woman anyway, but it's bulky enough that you could probably use the different costume designs for our chicklet: corset/bustier, long sleeve, etc.

I bought some fake sherpa material and plan on removing the really cheap fake fur collar and replacing it with the sherpa. The sleeves are ridiculously long so I plan on cutting them down (as her sleeves are usually seen rolled up or 3/4 length with sherpa trim) and doing a bit of playing around with them. The cheap buttons on the working pocket flap (working pockets!!) I'm going to replace with some cute acorn buttons since they are decoration anyway.

The jacket isn't lined but of decent fake leather/malleable vinyl. The bottom/waist has knit elastic like a jacket would have, same with sleeve cuffs if you don't want to cut them up as I plan to.

Here's the link to both standard and plus size of the jacket on Party City's website. Right now, no shipping because of price, currently $39.99USD:
Standard size: Maverick Bomber Jacket for Adults - Top Gun 2
Plus Size: Adult Maverick Bomber Jacket Plus Size - Top Gun 2

If I think of it, I'll attach pics as I go along. But the attached pic here is the Party City 'promo' pic.

Attachments

• Top Gun 2 Maverick bomber full.png
    Top Gun 2 Maverick bomber full.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 89
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back