Spielberg's War of the Worlds TriPods

redshirt

Sr Member
I know Spielberg' War of the Worlds just came out, but I was hoping someone licensed the Tripods to sell as kits. Anyone hear anything?

I have seen NO licensed "war of the worlds" ANYTHING since the movie came out... :unsure

No "making of" book, no action figures, no kits... :(

- Karl

If by what I have gotten a look at they are the old style tri-pod and Lunar Models use to sell them, now I know they were more then likley redesigned for the movie but they should be close..Kev :D

Originally posted by phase pistol@Jul 16 2005, 01:13 AM
I have seen NO licensed "war of the worlds" ANYTHING since the movie came out... :unsure

No "making of" book, no action figures, no kits... :(

- Karl
[snapback]1034567[/snapback]​

I know. I'm also a bit befuddled by this. Especially by the lack of a Making of or Art of book.

I think the lack of behind the scenes material and products is because the movie was made on a fast track. I think we should see books and articles soon. But I don't see any licences models being made from this film. I mean look at how many Star Wars models are being released in the states.

Originally posted by redshirt@Jul 15 2005, 10:09 PM
I know Spielberg' War of the Worlds just came out, but I was hoping someone licensed the Tripods to sell as kits. Anyone hear anything?
[snapback]1034566[/snapback]​

FYI
At ComiCon there was a prototype model for the Jeff Wayne version of the tripods.

Is it just me or does the "eye" on the Tripod look like the deflector dish on the movie Enterprise?

fb018_08155_184.jpg

1701.jpg

Steve :confused

My good friend (the guy responsible for the CC X-Wing masters) is building this as I write this blip. I'll keep you guys informed as it develops. He's nearly done with the "head". The model looks to stand around fourteen inches.

Nathan

BTW I happened to catch a "behind the scenes" bit on the tripod scens at the Alias Maya booth at SIGGRAPH... they showed deconstructions of the scenes, and a lot clearer views of the alien machines in isolation (very brief shots tho)...

An interesting note is that the machine that rises out of the water and sinks the ferry boat, is of a different design than the machines that erupt out of the ground and stalk Cruise on land.

Apparently the alien machines were re-designed on the fly to "look cooler" in any given scene, as opposed to being strictly consistent throughout.

-k

Please, thanks these would be cool.

Originally posted by KAIBURR@Aug 6 2005, 11:55 PM
My good friend (the guy responsible for the CC X-Wing masters) is building this as I write this blip. I'll keep you guys informed as it develops. He's nearly done with the "head". The model looks to stand around fourteen inches.

Nathan
[snapback]1051789[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back