Spiderman web shooter: A collaborative project.

here ya go:

quick peek at the bottom.. and the pads marked that we'll use:

(bottom)
tasm_pcb_v1_revised.jpg

(top)

showing the leds and the main chip..

you can also see the 3 red leds I'll be putting on the top of the pcb AROUND the main chip.. the small component right next to each led is its resistor..

(big pads around the outside 'ring' of the top of the pcb are just pads I'll be using to program the pcb.. and will/should not be visible once assembled.. (they'll be hidden under the main bezel) :)

tasm_pcb_v1_revised_top.jpg

one thing to note is that, since I went back and trimmed out a few more caps to make space..

I can put back in the 4th post into the pcb.. I was originally going to cut one post/leg flush on the 3D bezel piece.. (3 still would have made it stable and the pcb fit/lock int too, but its irrelevant now) :)

Last edited:
thanks!

Im sure there are others who cold do better.. but seemed like a fun project.. and it gave me some new stuff to try and a goal to work toward as well..

thanks guys..

how did I do it?.. umm..

Eagle CAD.. some reading of other project schematics over the months..
reading up on how to make a minimal Arduino circuit..etc..

Some open source libraries..... some code here... some code there..etc..

(Im far from a professional... actually seeing the main chip you guys are using is what prompted me/gave me the idea)

for me.. ,while the end goal was 'cool'... it was NOT the focal point.

For me.. I had never done:

1.) a custom shaped PCB
2.) a minimal +3.3v ! 8MHz internal clock Arduino before
3.) never wired up a micro SD card with 'direct connect' before (ie: no lever shifter or voltage divider)

In reality.. if the models were tweaked just a bit.. things would be better and we'd have more room.. but I came late to the party, and this is a 'retro-fit' :)

RE: markpoon shooters..

who knows.. he wont give/share measurments (says he didnt design the pcb...although Im not sure how that means you cant take measurements)..

and I think I asked someone else who purchased these who said they would get them to me.. (bust hasnt) LOL

I'm interested in still getting those dimensions.. :)

RE: markpoon shooters..

who knows.. he wont give/share measurments (says he didnt design the pcb...although Im not sure how that means you cant take measurements)..

and I think I asked someone else who purchased these who said they would get them to me.. (bust hasnt) LOL

I'm interested in still getting those dimensions.. :)

I think that was me had a really horrible week so the PCB slipped my mind will try find time in next few days :)

I think that was me had a really horrible week so the PCB slipped my mind will try find time in next few days :)

hahaha.. Im waiting on you for measurements.. and you ask me if it will fit? :facepalm :lol

np bud.. get them when you can..

I have the measurements I was/am looking for posted here in the this thread too.. (as I was looking for the same for these shooters as well) :)

take care

xl97

Your job it's simply amazing, congratulations man!!
I really don't understand how can i do the same thing you did, but it would be beautiful!

Will you post a youtube-tutorial once you finished?
Cause it would help most of us to reach your web shooter functionality!

Cheers

far away from that point in reality.. (mostly because of the time "I" can devote to playing with the code/firmware....however anyone is welcome to 'roll their own' so to speak)..

I don think many people will "WANT" to do this on their own..

1.) you'll need PCB's... professionally made, 2 layer ones.
2.) have a want/way to re-flow SMD parts on the board..
3.) have access to/or write your own firmware...and have an FTDI cable to do upload it to the board...
..etc..etc..etc..etc..etc..etc..

I think if you spent a few months with Arduino and Eagle...this would be a pretty nice project for many to do. :) (time permitting of course)

I would say at the very minimum you would need to be 'average' with Arduino stuff (getting a bootloader on the board, uploading sketches with FTDI cable)

that being said, there will for sure be a few PCB's left over... (minimum order I can get is 10.. I'll be keeping a few for myself.. probably 2-4 personally.. leaving around 6 left over)...... 1-2 reserved for ES if he wants because he made it all possible for us without deep pocket to get a nice 3D printed replica of the shooters!...... so thre ya have it..

I suppose I could order 20? if interested? Im not really into having a 'product' (never really done it before).... for me it was about the learning/trying some things I hadnt done before.. and this project just seemed to fit and come together..

I could probably re-flow/assemble a few boards when I do mine.. (not 100% sure on the path Im taking for the solder paste yet).... but then what? sell complete boards? and for how much?.. (lot of stress) LOL..

we should maybe wait until I get mine done.. or at least ready to order the pcb's/components..etc

I might even just post the schematics/board layout for people interested in ordering their own (sorta like ES did with the models....might be less work for me!) :).. and a list of parts..??

thanks

Last edited:
I couldn't remember if you where the same person who asked for the measurements I imagine if you sold completed PC's with sound and lights there would be alot of interest :)

Yeah you PM'd me asking if they would fit in markpoons shooters! (who else is making electronics for web shooters on the forum?) :)

So whenever you get to it.. send me what you can. :)

Id imagine I wont even be ordering pcb's for a few more weeks.. (then it takes a few weeks to even get them from China)

Thank you epilepticsquirl for providing the files for the web shooters. I got mine a few days ago and painted them. I would post a pic if I could figure out how. But take my word for it they look great. Thanks again.

@nestor300-

man I never knew how many 'prop' fans there were in Wisconsin!! (I keep seeing them all over here) (LOVE IT!)

anyways..

an update:

the pcb design is done..

I had posted it for review (on electronics forum).. but didnt get much traffic/reviews..

Im guessing Im going to just 'give it a shot'.. and order the PCB's? thoughts?

Since I havent heard any feedback..

I'm choosing 'red' colored PCB's.. (not my favorite..but meets project needs/colors)
no-one wanted to talk/discuss how they would like these to work.. so there is only 1 switch pad currently.. (nozzle/cartridge are non-functional pieces.)

anybody give any thought (especially costumers) on how/where they are going to mount the battery? and/or speaker?

any thoughts on hiding 'components' in the leather wristband/straps at all? (bigger speaker = better sound?)

hopefully by end of weekend.. I'll have these ordered...

Attachments

• tasm_pcb_v1.jpg
    tasm_pcb_v1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 214
  • tasm_pcb_v1_top.jpg
    tasm_pcb_v1_top.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
some fixes... and Im calling it 'done'..(pcb design)

here are the source files: (in case anyone cares to 'go it alone') ;)

Last edited:
any audio guys out there wanna lend a hand to the 'community' project? :)

looking for .WAV files of the following:

1.) shooter sound.. (needs to be 'quick', meaning no lag/delay in beginning of file, cleaned up as best it can be, static, volume..etc)

2.) boot sound: (looking for quote: "with great power comes great responsibility")

3.) empty cartridge sound (same as above: needs to be 'quick', meaning no lag/delay in beginning of file, cleaned up as best it can be, static, volume..etc)

4.) reload sound (same as above: needs to be 'quick', meaning no lag/delay in beginning of file, cleaned up as best it can be, static, volume..etc)

for now Im making each shooter have 25 'shots' 5 per 'bank' (led)..

thanks..

getting closer to finishing the firmware/code....

basic Arduino circuit designed/working - done
minimal audio output - done
green leds 'cont down' as you shoot - done
pwm/fade of red lights - done
empty cartridge trigger - done
power on/boot-up sound trigger - done

outside of plugging an actual sound file for the above.. the only thing left (I believe) is... the re-loading portion..

right now plays shooting sound on every button/switch press..
red leds light up fully..then quickly fade out/down on every 'shot'.
green leds (counter) will dim 1 led every 5 shots.. making 25 shots total, before you need to 're-load'..

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back