Spiderman Kit on the Bay...

Saw this on the Bay. Anyone have any knowledge of this? Have the photos been seen elsewhere?

I'm not 100% convinced it's on the up and up.

Spiderman costume webbing kit Superman Batman, Ironman, on eBay (end time 13-Dec-10 11:07:52 GMT)

I've never seen those pictures before, but I've never seen webs sold like that before either. My guess is he stumbled upon a set of webs and recasted them.

No seller of parts I know would sell webs with the excess latex still on there. Because there is excess rubber on there, cutting them will be hard to do while keep the edges clean ... and very time consuming.

Also, latex is really firm for webs... ideally you would have urethane rubber webs. Latex breaks too easily.

Last, there's no way real way to tell if that size webbing will fit on the print you purchase. Ask the seller to measure in cm the from the center point of the mask to the bottom of the belt. If it matches your web guidelines on the print you should be good to go.

I'd bank on recast the edges on the third picture look horrible it didn't come from a CNC mold thats for sure & latex parts? Id want to know which parts of the webs or spiders are made of latex before buying. Maybe he got them second hand who knows, but if you really need webs and your on a budget this maybe one of your only shots.

Not to many sellers sell their webs stand alone anymore or even under a 300 dollar price range.:unsure That's a lot of scratch for something that in time will dry out and break even if you don't wear it much if at all.

I think what bothered me was that the auction is for the webs and he has a free pattern with it. I've been trying to get a spidey pattern for ages, and it's not something you just give away. And the printed pattern is shown on his other auction. I personally find it odd that all the spidey patterns I have seen all look identical. Layout etc. Is there a base pattern out there that people are using as a base?
But returning to the matter in hand, I've asked him to measure webs to pattern and confirm what the webs are made of.

Is there a base pattern out there that people are using as a base?

Around the time the second movie came out (Give or take a few years) there was a full-sized print out or thermal transfer sheet that snuck out of the studio somehow, and ended up being scanned. (Very crappily) It's often call the TKcomics pattern, as that was the username of the first major person to distribute it.

TK released an un-color corrected version (The blues were all grey) and from there people bought, edited, color corrected, and resold the pattern.

The major problem with the pattern is that it was scanned so poorly that the brick musculature disappears in the darker blue sections.

There exists a secondary scan, that was traded a bit more privately, that fixed that problem, but apparently still needed work.

There is at least one person out there with the studio original digital files, and a few more of us who have made our own patterns from scratch. (Fettster, myself, Spidey4Fun)

In the end, thanks to the TKcomics pattern, we know the look and shape of the real deal, so even if the pattern is original to the seller, it will almost certainly look identical to all others out there...at least from a distance.

As to these webs: Is it possible that this seller bought BobbyC's molds? I thought I remembered him selling off his webbing molds a few years back. And since they were open-face molds, it could explain the amount of flashing we're seeing. I just don't remember enough about the shape of BobbyC's webs to say whether that are the same shape and orientation. Though based on the back of hand webbing, I'd say it's based on Spidey 2 webs, and I though Bobby's were based on Spidey 1. Someone correct me if my history is wrong.

-Nick

Looks like someone has already bought these items once and left three negatives today for the seller - there's another Green Goblin costume item also listed in their other items, which according to the item description is made from plaster...

That's interesting. I was watching these items before, but missed out due to poor cell reception as I was out and about when the auction ended. Then I got a re-listed notification from eBay. I asked him and he said he relished because he didn't believe the winning bidder would pay (new member, zero feedback and the winner of all 3 items). Initially I thought he was trying to fix the prices with a separate account bidding, but you wouldn't leave negative feedback for yourself!
I've emailed him several times and he has an explanation an justification for all of my questions...I'm still not convinced. I think I'll have to meet him and see the goods first I suppose.

If your thinking of the GG Parts, forget it, trust me ... they are so wildy innacurate you would have to completely start from scratch anyway! .... Like i've done :)

It was the webs and pattern I was interested in. He's sent pictures of a finished suit he did, but I know I've seen them before.

Around the time the second movie came out (Give or take a few years) there was a full-sized print out or thermal transfer sheet that snuck out of the studio somehow, and ended up being scanned. (Very crappily) It's often call the TKcomics pattern, as that was the username of the first major person to distribute it.

TK released an un-color corrected version (The blues were all grey) and from there people bought, edited, color corrected, and resold the pattern.

The major problem with the pattern is that it was scanned so poorly that the brick musculature disappears in the darker blue sections.

This is true everyone and their grand mother was selling that damn pattern on ebay for a while.

There exists a secondary scan, that was traded a bit more privately, that fixed that problem, but apparently still needed work.

I wonder if this is the pattern I heard so much about. I was told there was only four of them made which OVDH1 had and some guy in Japan who was a private collector had. Some say Spidey planet also has a copy? I know superman5 said he had an original file. How true this is, is anyone's guess. The pattern that only needed color correcting the stuff of legends.:lol

Now if anyone had a special pattern that was near perfect it Had to be OVDH1. The colors were on point I have seem the movie suit colors in person & they are correct. Also his webs were the very best ever made as far as accuracy... Durability on the other had was sub par the most accurate webs he ever made were the weakest he ever made.:sleep

There is at least one person out there with the studio original digital files, and a few more of us who have made our own patterns from scratch. (Fettster, myself, Spidey4Fun)

Spiderham also made his from scratch.

Also if you want a Spidey pattern so bad NuRF

I'll give you one, I have three. A Scratch pattern I'll never fix, A slightly modded Tk pattern & some stand alone mask patterns. I just have to find them I was hell bent on making the most accurate Spidey suit since OVDH1 But some business partners fell through and I gave up the dream. It's a one time thing I'm not in the habit of giving them out since I went threw hell to get them.

regarding the original files of the suit. i bought a print second years ago from fettester, got it for agreat price and for my needs it was a great dye subbed suit. also got the files. gotta say rich's files were awsome. i think he did some work on them himself too and good work it was too but no way would i give them away. jus feel lucky to have a great suit and the files . those webs looked absolutley terrible to me. i personaly wouldnt go with latex or for that matter urethane. if i was to do webs i would go wit something like platsil gel 00. very strong very stretchy long lasting without cracking and glues with silpoxy adhesive.

I asked the seller if he posts on any replica or costuming forums. I worked out why I recognised the photo he sent. I'd see it in a thread on the League forums. There's also a corresponding video on YouTube. The original poster of those photos is shown as living stateside, the seller however lives in the UK. I have yet to a receive a response, but my thoughts on this is slipping further towards negative...

I asked the seller if he posts on any replica or costuming forums. I worked out why I recognised the photo he sent. I'd see it in a thread on the League forums. There's also a corresponding video on YouTube. The original poster of those photos is shown as living stateside, the seller however lives in the UK. I have yet to a receive a response, but my thoughts on this is slipping further towards negative...

Post the picture, well tell you if its BS or not.

I know my spidey suits:)

Not quite sure how to post. But will try. Anyhow, the pic I saw was one of a several the Spidermilk posted on the League and on SHH. It turns out he is UK based rather then US. His suit looks very nice. But as yet, the EBay seller has yet to respond identifying himself as spidermilk.

Post the picture, well tell you if its BS or not.

I know my spidey suits:)

1b65041d.jpg

Not sure if that worked or not.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back