Spider-Man raised Webbing

fettster

Sr Member
Hi all,

Im in the process of making myself a spider-man 2 suit.

I have the patterns already dye sublimated on lycra but i really want to make the best webbing for it before i get it sewn together.

Has anyone here mastered a way to make it.

Im thinking of either, making a slab of plaster and then routing it with a dremel with a tapered bit. ( but i have never done that before)

or making a master out of foam board and making a mold.

can someone help me out because i want this to look as good as i can.

thanks all

rich

I remember seeing a thread devoted to this subject on ASAP last year. One of the board members had created his own webbing. The photos of his suit looked great. He described his technique in the thread... but I just searched ASAP and couldn't find it. :(

Maybe you'll have better luck.

In case you're not familiar with ASAP (A Site About Props), here's the link:

ASAP

My search did turn up this lead:

MPM Costumes Spider-Man Webbing

I have no knowledge of MPM or its product, so can't speak to the quality. :)

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by lambotour@Jan 23 2006, 12:30 PM
I recently purchased this spidey costume from  hydin.

It came with a bottle of this, which is a dimensional fabric paint. The costume looks great IMHO and the webbing looks cool.

You can purchase it here:  http://www.duncancrafts.com/ProductColor.a...1d-f80c47964b5a
under the tulip dimensional pearl (silver color 65079)

Hope it helps and good luck.  :)
[snapback]1165827[/snapback]​

thanks but i dont think my hands are steady enough.

Originally posted by lambotour@Jan 23 2006, 08:30 PM
It came with a bottle of this, which is a dimensional fabric paint.
That costume's awesome. Excellent work by hydin. :thumbsup

Question about the Tulip: I presume hydin included the bottle with the costume in case you need to do occasional touch-ups.

How durable is the painted-on webbing? Have you needed to reapply the Tulip paint at all?

The webbing looks terrific. :eek

Originally posted by temponaut+Jan 23 2006, 07:53 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(temponaut @ Jan 23 2006, 07:53 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-lambotour
@Jan 23 2006, 08:30 PM
It came with a bottle of this, which is a dimensional fabric paint.
That costume's awesome. Excellent work by hydin. :thumbsup

Question about the Tulip: I presume hydin included the bottle with the costume in case you need to do occasional touch-ups.

How durable is the painted-on webbing? Have you needed to reapply the Tulip paint at all?

The webbing looks terrific. :eek
[snapback]1165833[/snapback]​
[/b]

It's very durable and stretches well, but there are a few spots here and there. I can understand where fettster is worried, this stuff is permanent and you have to be careful putting it on. I'm sure Brad will help him out, he's a great guy to deal with.

Hi guys,

Im looking to make the webbing so i can make sure it will fit the suit im making.

I have been told that the patterns i have are the exact ones used in spider-man 2 but i cant be sure thats completly true, (unless someone here has the real deal and wants to send it to me for comparison.lol. Promise ill send it back, honest). I dont want to fork out a fair chunk of cash and then find out it wont fit my suit

People have got in touch offering suppliers infomation which is great and i appriecate the info but for the those reasons and for my budget, i think i will need to make my own.

Im up to the challenge, just need some ideas from the pro's.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back