Spider-Man lenses WITHOUT fog/condensation issue. Goodbye Daredevil power!

Oceal

I just want to link to the site that finally listened to my call for a high quality mask with lenses, without the problematic plastic that makes webheads out there go blind.
here is the site: https://www.etsy.com/shop/OracleMadeUK and it seems it still isn't officially listed but I will attach a picture of the final product they made for me down below. They seems to be offering ALL variants of spider lenses, but you have to check with them if they can make what you want.

Amazing Spiderman II Mask with high quality white painted metal mesh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:
FWIW I've been offering metal mesh lenses for a few years now...

must have missed it, I have tried searching Google, here and sooo many other specific places. Tried googling "buy spider-man fogless lenses", "Spider-Man lenses without condensation" etcetera..

I have a very fine mesh that when doubled up it makes it nearly impossible to see your eyes. Most guys spray the outer layer white and the layer closest to their eyes black to reduce the glare.

It's one of those things where you need to sacrifice movie accuracy if you want lenses that won't fog up :)

- - - Updated - - -

I have a very fine mesh that when doubled up it makes it nearly impossible to see your eyes. Most guys spray the outer layer white and the layer closest to their eyes black to reduce the glare.

It's one of those things where you need to sacrifice movie accuracy if you want lenses that won't fog up :)

I tried looking up your latest threads to find the fogless lenses you provide, can you please link me to them?

I tried looking up your latest threads to find the fogless lenses you provide, can you please link me to them?

First post in this thread http://www.therpf.com/f13/spiderman-lenses-amazing-raimi-comic-custom-new-lens-option-179568/ the raimi styled frames have the silver mesh prior to it being painted. It's not a perforated mesh like the asm2 look is, but it can be used with any frames to create fogless lenses. I'm hoping to have some accurate metal mesh in the near future - it will have the smaller hole size and will look just like my asm2 lenses with my accurate white mesh.

First post in this thread http://www.therpf.com/f13/spiderman-lenses-amazing-raimi-comic-custom-new-lens-option-179568/ the raimi styled frames have the silver mesh prior to it being painted. It's not a perforated mesh like the asm2 look is, but it can be used with any frames to create fogless lenses. I'm hoping to have some accurate metal mesh in the near future - it will have the smaller hole size and will look just like my asm2 lenses with my accurate white mesh.

Ok, but these guys offers the whole package with magnetic lenses and high quality mask and there is about 10 different variants of lenses available, also thanks to the small distance between the eye and the lens inside of the mask, make the eye near impossible to see from the outside view.

I understand. I also make over a dozen variants and magnets are available if people want them. I sell mine as kits to keep them very affordable - but on occasion I will sell finished sets at a higher price point.

Not bashing Oracle's work - he does a great job. I just wanted to advise you and other spideys that there are others out there making high quality shells/lenses including fogless options :)

Last edited:
I understand. I also make over a dozen variants and magnets are available if people want them. I sell mine as kits to keep them very affordable - but on occasion I will sell finished sets at a higher price point.

Not bashing Oracle's work - he does a great job. I just wanted to advise you and other spideys that there are others out there making high quality shells/lenses including fogless options :)

Maybe you haven't visited their site, but I forgot to say that you can order DIY packages at Oracle's shop too at a reduced price, so it seems you both offer same stuffs minus faceshells that you don't provide? However do you only take orders from here or do you have on Etsy or eBay? I prefer those two rather than direct payment buying from forum, and for reasonable security measures.

I've purchased two different set of frames and lenses from TJack and they are great. And for the price you can't go wrong. For my first Spiderman costume I went the metal mesh route (last two have gone with TJack). Got some off eBay from a seller named mesh-company. Purchased there Stainless Steel #80 Woven Mesh A4 Sheet (medium) - 210 x 300mm. Painted one side white and the other black. Vision was good and no one could see my eyes. Once I find a pic I'll post. Also TJack does offer faceshells a universal, raimi, and TASM version

Here are some pics of how the metal mesh looked for my first Spidey costume

Attachments

• ebaymask.JPG
    ebaymask.JPG
    484 KB · Views: 2,345
  • photo 2COMIC.JPG
    photo 2COMIC.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 657
  • photospidey.JPG
    photospidey.JPG
    860.2 KB · Views: 373
Maybe you haven't visited their site, but I forgot to say that you can order DIY packages at Oracle's shop too at a reduced price, so it seems you both offer same stuffs minus faceshells that you don't provide? However do you only take orders from here or do you have on Etsy or eBay? I prefer those two rather than direct payment buying from forum, and for reasonable security measures.

I don't doubt Oracle's work (which is fabulous IMO) but I contacted him/her regarding some questions because it peaked my curiosity and wondered what cost effect "strategies" he/she has. I am building 2 different suits (1 for me and 1 for the wife unit). Bottom line, this is the answer I got practically summed up:

DIY Universal faceshell only = $96.18 + $$ shipping + $$ government/customs taxes depending on where it is going
DIY Universal lens of your choosing = $96.18 + $$ shipping + $$ government/customs taxes depending on where it is going
or
Completed Faceshell with lens of your choosing = $208.40 + $$ shipping + $$ government/customs taxes depending on where it is going

In total for ONE (1) DIY Faceshell + ONE (1) Set of DIY Lens combo = $192.36USD + $$ shipping + $$ government/customs taxes depending on where it is going + time for you to put the thing together. with a turn around time of 28 +/- working days for EACH item or longer (I read some waited 8-10 weeks :\). I'm assuming he/she ships the items together, if not..well....lol

I've purchased from TJack a few times for lenses and faceshells and got them roughly 2 weeks. sometimes sooner depending on if he has it already made. His prices are unbeatable, communication is topnotch. He offers an array of lenses as well + custom ones. If there's a question, he gets back to you with a reply pretty quick.

Not bashing anyone, but this is from my "observations", bottom line is price and quality which is where I throw my money at the most cost effective and yet durable items. :] especially since I am in the process of building 2 suits from the spiderman universe.

Oracle sent me a DIY package and I have to say it was a huge disappointment. The frames themselves were warped and asymmetrically cast, he sent an unformed acrylic sheet for the lenses (which wasn't supposed to be the case) and never sent any assembly instructions. The Shell was quality but not worth the nigh 200 dollars. If you look at his Etsy reviews you will see ordering kits is a terrible idea.

Oracle sent me a DIY package and I have to say it was a huge disappointment. The frames themselves were warped and asymmetrically cast, he sent an unformed acrylic sheet for the lenses (which wasn't supposed to be the case) and never sent any assembly instructions. The Shell was quality but not worth the nigh 200 dollars. If you look at his Etsy reviews you will see ordering kits is a terrible idea.

Well I can at least recommend the finished ones as seen above :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back