Spider-Man Jacket Help

Whit

I am looking for some advice on how I might be able to recreate or make something that is close in look to the jacket pictured below.

I'm pretty sure this is a custom-made jacket for Reeve Carney, who is playing Peter Parker/Spider-Man on Broadway.

I am interested in either trying to recreate this jacket or to make something similar using a hooded sweatshirt.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. It has been a while since I have sewed, but I know people, locally, who can.

Thanks so much!

I have a new, never been worn,Spiderman leather jacket/coat. Probably not something you were looking for, but I thought I would give it a shot.

I have a craving to do the jacket myself! It seems to be a "jean jacket" style, without the usual cowboy styling-the red seems to be suede, but other fabrics can be subbed. I have done a couple of Spidey costumes, but am most proud of my costume-inspired pajamas!

I found another picture of the jacket and it looks like the blue may also be suede, but with a denim look to it. I can't quite tell.

I may try a version using a red/crimson sweatshirt as the base. It might be a bit easier and it may look better on me. Plus it would be cheaper and I wouldn't be sewing from scratch.

A black version would be cool as well. Maybe even cooler.

I don't look anything like Reeve Carney and don't have the spidey physique. :lol

I have been searching long and hard for this jacket ever since I saw the show. Now that sometime has passed does anyone know any leads to getting one?

I think it's still gonna have to be custom. Jean jacket style, from denim and possibly ultrasuede.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back