Spider-Man: Homecoming Lenses Help!

VatG

Hey, everyone!

So, I'm a newbie to faceshells and lenses and recently ordered the Homecoming lenses from TJackFX. I have already curved them and spray painted them, but the lenses are exactly flush with the faceshell. How can I remove the spray paint so that I can soften the lenses again (I boiled up some water and dipped them in it)? Can I just use a hair dryer (don't own a heat gun) to soften them up without removing the spray paint? Or will the lenses bend a bit further when I attach the magnets?

Thanks!

If I understand your question... the lenses are NOT exactly flush with the mask? If that's the case, yes, you'll have to heat them up so that they better form with the face shell. If you are only using a hair dryer you might be able to get away with not removing the paint, but depending on the type of paint you used you always run the risk of spider cracks when flexing a spraypainted material.

If you need to remove the paint, I suggest using 300-400 grit sandpaper to get the paint off. Be very gentle, so that you don't mess up the detail on the lenses. Then smooth them out a bit with 600 grit, and re-prime and repaint them.

Good luck!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back