SPAWN Movie Mask/Hood...Photos of Display..

DAVIDYR1

Official Licensee
Hey everyone. Been a while. Sorry for the absence and will get to my PM's shortly. We've got a pretty big show here this weekend and I need to get a bunch of stuff ready for it. We'll be back to normal by Monday so anyone waiting on replies please sit tight until then while we finish going nuts here.:)

Water clay sculpt....WIP. From start to where he is now took 3 hours. This will be made as both a display bust and wearable hood. For now...I really need a wearable hood so finished cast pics of that shortly and after the weekend I'll pull the bust.

start6.jpg

And here's a gradual build up to this point... No 'real' finished texture on this yet. Roughing in the lines and trying to make sure the forms work. The head shape was probably the trickiest thing to get right. The details arn't really that difficult but it all falls apart if the shape of the head is off. I hope it's close enough at this stage because he needs to be molded in the next couple of hours, poured and cast up, trimmed, painted and made ready to wear with the proper lenses for the eyes.

start.jpg

start3.jpg

start2.jpg

start9.jpg

start4.jpg

start5.jpg

start8.jpg

Feedback welcome.:)

David

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jedistine @ Apr 27 2006, 11:22 AM) [snapback]1234219[/snapback]</div>
Sounds like your not going to have any time to even breath.
[/b]

If not for a certain 'huge' and I mean 'big' size wise piece I've been sculpting then yes, I'd probably have time to breath too.
That one is going to be something else...:)

David

Started this yesterday and finished it after 6 hours. Being molded now.
Thanks guys for the kind words. I would have happily done more texture work on this but the clock is ticking and I do need this cast up and ready for tomorrow.

donespawn3.jpg

donespawn4.jpg

donespawn5.jpg

donespawn7.jpg

Group Hug :)

donespawn10.jpg

donespawn8.jpg

donespawn9.jpg

Finished casting this evening but have no idea if I can post it before the convention tomorrow. If not then by Monday.

Feedback welcome. :)

Mantis,
Hey buddy. Been a while.:)
Thanks for the tip and just quickly looked at it.

David

I just replied to some of the PM's in Dave's inbox. The rest will have to wait until Monday after the convention.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(THEWRAPOFCONS @ Apr 27 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]1234486[/snapback]</div>
David, I see you have been to the baord here recently, I would apreciate a response from my e-mails and PMs
[/b]

TWOC,
Please check your PM's. Also, we have no emails or phone messages from you. PM's yes, and the first was sent on the 24th of this month. Sorry, we've been gearing for the Toronto Comic Con and havent been on message boards for a bit. I will have more details for you by Monday. Check my message to you and I will find out more shortly.

Rimma
PS Again I apologize for using Dave's ID but until registration opens up again I have no other way of helping out.

Thanks everyone..
Here are the finished pics..of the fastest sculpt, mold, cast and paint work I've probably ever done. Could have detailed the paint work another hour at least but just no time. Luckily...I can make more.. :D

onlyspawn.jpg

2006_0429comiccon0001.jpg

I will have more shortly. We did the Toronto Comic Con this past weekend...topped off with my Neices first birthday ended up being the reason why I had to miss the Michigan Prop Party but..there is always next year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bobby C @ Apr 27 2006, 08:48 PM) [snapback]1234527[/snapback]</div>
Looks really nice, I have the orginal and looks great , the form is all there very good job.
[/b]

Thanks. I do believe my reference pics are from your auction. Not 100% sure because they were emailed to me but they did seem familiar. Glad to know you like it. :)

David

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Mantis @ Apr 27 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]1234360[/snapback]</div>
Off topic, I know, but I noticed on Ebay that there is an Asian knockoff of your x-men jacket.....uggh.
[/b]
uhm so it's a knock off of a knock off?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(recoil @ May 1 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1236486[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Mantis @ Apr 27 2006, 07:52 PM) [snapback]1234360[/snapback]
Off topic, I know, but I noticed on Ebay that there is an Asian knockoff of your x-men jacket.....uggh.
[/b]
uhm so it's a knock off of a knock off?
[/b][/quote]

I guess you can say that. Still, I dont make mine any more so no knock off's here. Also, I cant say they Knocked Off mine or just used the DVD like I did. No idea, and no concern of mine. All I can say is in all my years of garment construction this jacket is the craziest and most difficult thing I have ever worked on. No surprise the other copies are having difficulty with the details. Be that as it may, I wont make it any more. I hope this settles my angle on this.:)

So, back on track with SPAWN? B)

David

nice to see your getting use out of the logos I designed for you as well as some of
my pic compilations

but you still need to put some effort into displaying your work properlly
on per piece display mannequins,, set that as a goal for the next show

and get a bigger cape for your spawn
since you have the real deal suit you should make it look
impressive, show off the replication work you did
along with the from scratch

get yourself some El and light up those eyes, makes a great night light

so how come you haven't molded the DKR??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BATS @ May 2 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]1237349[/snapback]</div>
nice to see your getting use out of the logos I designed for you as well as some of
my pic compilations

but you still need to put some effort into displaying your work properlly
on per piece display mannequins,, set that as a goal for the next show

and get a bigger cape for your spawn
since you have the real deal suit you should make it look
impressive, show off the replication work you did
along with the from scratch

get yourself some El and light up those eyes, makes a great night light

so how come you haven't molded the DKR??
[/b]

Wow, thanks for the kind words BATS...you're always full of encouragement and support. You clearly have been making costumes your entire life because you really understand what we all go through on a daily basis as well as the pressures of getting sculptures right. Your comments are really going to motivate me to work as hard as you do, and to do my best to obtain the same results you do from your own work.... even though I havent seen a darn thing from you yet, I am sure it's better than everyone else's put together....

End Sarcasm.
Let's see... ONE Logo yes, pic compilations I did myself in Pubblisher. Not as difficult as I thought to arrange them. Sorry but you had nothing to do with them.

Not displaying my work properly? Not up to your standard eh? That's OK...We had less than a week to get my stuff ready for it. Dont know if you read through it or not but the goal was to promote Chavant and Smooth-on and bring this world of costuming to the general public. People attending thought it was set up fine, but everything can and always should be better.

What's this about the real-deal SPAWN suit? The only thing real deal about it is that it's sculpted over top of one of the discarded prototype child-like looking spawn suits so it's Jai Whites body size. That still is a fully sculpted costume. Check my website for the step by step if you havenÂ’t seen it yet. There's also a neat side by side that shows them both in black. You can see the muscle details on both and how they differ. When you were working on my previous website you used to comment on how my 'sculpture' work on this Spawn suit was pretty spot on. Now it's a real deal and not my work. Umm...OK...(current website not BATS work)

Lights in the eyes for the SPAWN hood, I will give you that one, but didnÂ’t you read that this was sculpted in 6 hours and cast the same day for the show starting on the following day? No time for lights...but will put them in when I have a moment.

DKR isn't molded because it's a personal project. It can wait. Too many commissions to deal with that must be dealt with first. Besides, I am sculpting up the full body also......

In any case, Jay I'd like to think your comments come from the heart but as usual their camouflaging little jabs and meant to raise suspicion more than be constructive. I welcome constructive criticism, or people who dont like my work but have no need for being told what to do by you....over and over again. I had to read your spawn comment over and over again and I'm still not sure what you're trying to say with it....

David

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back