Spaceship from Concept Art -WIP Scratch Build- UFP RV Montgomery Scott

Cosmic- I used to live in New York state and we had the same environment as you in Michigan, plenty of resources.
Here in "Gods Waiting Room" of Florida... forget it!

Cosmic again-- I make rivets this way- use a sewing needle or pin.... mount it in a handle of sort, and push lightly into very thin (.010" or .25mm)
sheet of styrene....use a ruler to keep them aligned and equidistant. Turn sheet over, apply to area. Done.

Make rivet holes.jpg

Rivets complete.jpg

Cosmic- I used to live in New York state and we had the same environment as you in Michigan, plenty of resources.
Here in "Gods Waiting Room" of Florida... forget it!

Cosmic again-- I make rivets this way- use a sewing needle or pin.... mount it in a handle of sort, and push lightly into very thin (.010" or .25mm)
sheet of styrene....use a ruler to keep them aligned and equidistant. Turn sheet over, apply to area. Done.

View attachment 1823266

View attachment 1823267
That a cool idea! I will definitely put that one in the back of my noggin for future use. Thank you for your reply!!

-- Have you been pleased with the LED strip lights?--

Don't be sorry Cosmic, we all learn from each other.

Yes sir... I do like LED strip lights for general broad illumination... But they are just one of the many options available. LED Strip, individual SMD, and fiber optic line (which I'll use later on in this build) all have their pros and cons. Size, color and power consumption drives most of the decision making.

Continuing detailing the upper and middle sides of the bow. These two "boxes" will be recessed below the regular level as equipment pits.
These are about 1"(25mm) square. Colorful pieces harvested from elsewhere.

46 recessed Bow detail 5.jpg

Boxes (now primed in white) in place and associated hardware was built up around....

47 bow detail 6.jpg

This "6-channel" contraption and related piping is approximately center of the length....the "shine" is just Weld-On 3 residue.

48 Bow detail 7.jpg

Similar to the concept art, I treated the window cavities with a sloping trim...

49 Bow detail 8.jpg

I began a less complex upper nose section.

50 Upper nose.jpg

I made 30 (15 for each side) "environmental/life support" monitors. Pieces are cut out.

51 Front pieces b4 assembly.jpg

Assembled & glued in place.

52 front almost.jpg

Complete, with some additional piping..

53 Front side complete.jpg

Till next time...work on the bottom and some antenna arrays.

Joberg- Thanks. No, I didn't make any molds, but should have. Unfortunately, my molding skills are limited to simple plaster casts I did years ago.
I need to learn more about the latest techniques and materials. My last check-up on molding products looked like the raw materials can be expensive.

Cosmic- Thank you. Sharing is what these forums should be about. Glad it makes you joyous.

Joberg- Thanks. No, I didn't make any molds, but should have. Unfortunately, my molding skills are limited to simple plaster casts I did years ago.
I need to learn more about the latest techniques and materials. My last check-up on molding products looked like the raw materials can be expensive.

Cosmic- Thank you. Sharing is what these forums should be about. Glad it makes you joyous.
I always use Alumilite silicone (1:1 ratio, user friendly and red in color) and Alumilite white resin (also 1:1 ratio and fast setting of 2 minutes).
I brush my silicone mold with talcum powder to avoid bubbles since I don't have a pressure pot. Amazing fast results!:cool::cool:

Thank you Carlb-san.
I always tried to build the model that I wanted to. And your model building is so fantastic that it makes me so satisfied. It is the model-building thread I have been waiting to see for a long time. Thank you for sharing with me. And thank you for your kind words.

katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back