SpaceCowboy Stormtrooper pepakura helmet update

This stormtrooper bucket with your improvements is just perfect ! Thank you so much ! I had a lot of pleasure to build it except for teeth. Just didn't succeeded to put them in place. I think this part would need another approach. I would appreciate your help with this.

Best regards

Just wondering if using the pdf file is going to work or if it is too small. I noticed that there is a scale factor of less than 1 (scale factor 0.701144) noted in one of the accompanying files... does that mean I need to scale it up somehow? Don't think it will fit on Letter size if I do. Sorry, I'm new to pep and this is my first attempt at any kind of build. I did print it out on card stock and have started cutting (on page 5), but I'm worried that this will not fit as is from the PDFs (I'd say I have an average sized head :) )

Thanks so much!

i can confirm the original spacecowboy file printed at default is 1:1 scale to a "real" tk helmet, it will fit. not sure if op changed the sizing however

Thanks for the reply Dizzy. I put the dome together today and it seems like the size will be just fine. Overall the dome was pretty simple to put together and the tabs really help with the glue. Thanks again to all who have contributed to this sweet pep file and for the advice in the comments!

Here is my attempt at pepping this, enjoyed the file, easy to put together. Seems accurate, and I can't wait to start glassing it.
Used the PDF and sizing is 1:1.
IMG_3412.JPGIMG_3414.JPG

Just finished mine.

iMdc9dZ.jpgpfIbm78.jpghfRAtsE.jpg

Gotta say, this pep was a real joy to work with, really clean and well assembled files. I especially liked the modular extras in the details file. Thank you for the work namivanmar.

Just finished mine too. I think the pep was awesome and put together really nicely :)

stormhelm.jpg

I'm going to start the fiberglassing and bondo-ing this week. I've noticed others don't add the earpieces and other details until later... just wondering why not. Can I add those details now before bondo?

Attachments

• 20151108_015113.jpg
    20151108_015113.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 111
thepatman: I'm new to this, but it seems like the ears and other details go on later so that the bondo and sanding on the main helmet is much easier. You can just sand and get the shape and look you want without constantly running into the ears, brow strip, etc. It probably wouldn't hurt to put them on now, but I would recommend getting the shape you want with the helmet first, and then add the other details later.

Thanks EPalpatine, I think you are probably right about the ease of sanding and such. I'll give er a go! Grimmers, yours looks great. The trapezoid pieces in the dome look really sharp... Mine ended up flush which I'm starting to think isn't correct (especially after seeing yours.) But I will agree with you regarding the pep files. The fit together really nice and snug!

elp needed ive just started my first pepakura stormtrooper (ive build one using rough templates as a trial with good success but now want to build a more accurate version) i got space cowboys anh pep files and some pieces are just blacked out with no way to read the numbers or se any fold tabs, are these just pieces you don't need?? Cheers guys this bucket build is amazing my inspiration for attempting my own

Help needed ive just started my first pepakura stormtrooper (ive build one using rough templates as a trial with good success but now want to build a more accurate version) i got space cowboys anh pep files and some pieces are just blacked out with no way to read the numbers or see any fold tabs, are these just pieces you don't need?? Cheers guys

Does anyone have these files with the lines darkened? I printed it off and the lines seem really light. The printer is fine with ink and toner...but I'm thinking it was just set up like that.

Scratch that..I had some files sent my way. Thanks everyone, hopefully I can post some pictures as I get the process going and get some feedback.

Last edited:
Smiffy, I found that I would keep the files in Pepakura Viewer open while working on mine and zoom in on any piece I wasn't sure of... cuts and folds. It helped a lot also to show how a piece fit into the helmet. Double-click on a piece and it would zoom in to that piece on the 3d model of the helmet. Saved me many times!

Does anyone know...will the size of this look good with a set of Trooper Armor, or does the size need to be increased for it to be proportional? I don't want to get too far ahead of myself in case it wouldn't complete an outfit.

I mocked one up in 24lb paper just to see how it fits...and its roomy on my head and my eyes are closer to the nose bridge, but I can still see (I might shave a little bit on the eyes to increase my vision a little more) but I feel any larger and it would be unwearable. Any thoughts?

NEWBIE.....
Thought I'd give this a go as I've always wanted my very own Stormtrooper Helmet.... I printed this out at 100%...is this the right size?
Found it so therapeutic that I couldn't stop building over the christmas holidays and also built the EP7 Stormtrooper by Fisherk2....and now I've just started the TiePilot TFA(A4) by Rundown....I just can't stop myself.

I'm just concerned about the sizes of each one... do they look right?

IMG_0571.jpgIMG_0570.jpgIMG_0569.jpgIMG_0568.jpgIMG_0567.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0565.jpg
    IMG_0565.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 136
drewfus69: For ref. the Anovos FO trooper helm is 13 inches from front to back, 11 inches wide and about 11 inches tall If that helps.

daz: Cheers for that, mine is 12" from F to B, 10" W and 10" T.... looks like I'll have to do another version printed at 110% .....my son will be pleased

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back