Spaceballs costume for Dragon Con

Frank Ippolito

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys! i've been putting together some assets for my Spaceballs uniform for Dragon Con. I first put it together for Rick Baker's halloween party this past year, and want to get as many people wearing this in Atlanta as possible.
993413_646905708674103_1072828487_n.jpg
only 2 things i am missing in this (as far as i can tell)- the correct belt buckle, and the turtle-neck.
we have 3d modeled the buckle, and will throw it up on shapeways in the next few days.
Screen Shot 2014-04-20 at 10.12.22 AM.png

anyone interested in getting a group together at dragon con for this?
i'll post the links to all the wardrobe, and i have a template to cut the helmets. probably around 100 bucks-ish to put each costume together.

Jack Doud and I have been 'ballers this at the last few Dragoncons, and it's a pretty fun costume (except for not being able to hear anything except a constant echo the entire time). There's usually a Barf and Lonestar around, and sometime the Stunt Doubles. 'Balling in white can get old after awhile, which is when you resort to this:

295179_10151065078988581_651805243_n.jpg

Jack has his builds here: http://www.bloody-plastic.com/costumes/spaceballsuit.html

The gun is a Calico M-100 (M-1000 Airsoft), and can be really hard to find. I do have a mold I made of mine though; both the ones Jack Doud and I use are 2 part casts in solid resin.

Bottom is the airsoft version with fold-out stock, top is a dry-fit casting:

IMG_2069.JPG

Last edited:
12 in. White Acrylic Globe - with 5.25 in. Neckless Opening - American 3201-12020-003 | 1000Bulbs.com
is the dome that i used. 12 in. White Acrylic Globe - with 5.25 in. Neckless Opening) For the first run, i just used some mattress foam to pads it, but i am working on making a new helmet liner that will be molded, and i just need to pour in some soft expanding foam. (to make multiples faster)

i also have a template to cut the hole out, and would be up for making the helmets for everyone. if i can buy 5 or more, we can get a break on prices. then i'll cut it, add the liner, mic and chinstrap for 20 bucks + the cost of shipping it back to you

Last edited:
The gun is a Calico M-100 (M-1000 Airsoft), and can be really hard to find. I do have a mold I made of mine though; both the ones Jack Doud and I use are 2 part casts in solid resin.

Bottom is the airsoft version with fold-out stock, top is a dry-fit casting:

View attachment 315323

Do you sell, or know anyone who sells solid replicas of the Calicos? My daughter is doing a cosplay of Claire Redfield from Resident Evil: Code Veronica and I'm looking for a pair for her to carry.

Chance

Does anyone have a link to the belt buckle? I'm going as a spaceball for halloween and my 3d modeling skills are not up to par. Thanks for sharing.

Do you have to paint the globes white? Or are they white enough?

I've always wondered...

I can't believe I'm just seeing this thread.

All of my local old school friends know I have accurate stormtrooper armor... A lot of them think it's awesome... But there are of course the eye rollers!

Too late this year! But I'd like to get a full ping pong costume together... And I live near ATL...

That's great Frank. I've always wanted to go as Vinnie the bounty hunter. It'll be cool to see the group.

I've been wanting to make a Dark Helmet for a long time, it's on my bucket list of things to do. I picked up a convincing pair of nerd glasses that I stumbled on at Target awhile back so I'm in the process of slowly tracking down pieces.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back