Space Command Clipper Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking great Steve!

One thought: If this is indeed going to be used for traditional stage miniature motion control photography, you will want to consider how the lights are wired. As you well know, models of this sort are not usually shot in real-time, and blinking lights, relative brightness and even color are most often controlled by the moco system and shot as individual elements on separate passes for compositing. You might want to wire this for both display and stage photography?

Marcus

Looking great Steve!

One thought: If this is indeed going to be used for traditional stage miniature motion control photography, you will want to consider how the lights are wired. As you well know, models of this sort are not usually shot in real-time, and blinking lights, relative brightness and even color are most often controlled by the moco system and shot as individual elements on separate passes for compositing. You might want to wire this for both display and stage photography?

Marcus

Marcus, you might want to look at Steve´s resume and what he´s already worked on ;) Now where is that cinefantastique from 1985 with the article on Steve´s work ...

Great build and great info. Watching this build anwsered how to scratch build questions I didn't knew I needed to ask. :lol. I feel your pain Steve. I'm in the SGV and work in my garage also. Its either too hot or too cold.

These videos are packed with relevant tips and humor. If the clipper-making series were to show up on DVD, I'm sure there would be intere$t.

Mike

Marcus, you might want to look at Steve´s resume and what he´s already worked on ;) Now where is that cinefantastique from 1985 with the article on Steve´s work ...

I'm fully aware of Steve's resume, but you don't know mine... I have spent countless hours on motion control miniatures stages working on dozens of movies during the heyday of mc/miniatures. It's not an unreasonable observation/question.

I'm fully aware of Steve's resume, but you don't know mine... I have spent countless hours on motion control miniatures stages working on dozens of movies during the heyday of mc/miniatures. It's not an unreasonable observation/question.

Yes, I do know yours ;) It definitely is a valid remark. And now I will just crawl back under my stone ...

Have they worked out how the model will be photographed? Will it be motion control/compositing or maybe in camera Gerry Anderson style?

I haven't been told yet but I have to address it son as I need to place the mount. ;)

I don't want to tie it down I want it to take me with it! ;)

Steve

I was wondering, since I'm guessing there will be plenty of shots using the CG ship, if the model will actually be used as a model. Say, in the captain's quarters or ready room.

Something like that but I don't have the word just yet on it. Doug did say it would be used that way but it might also be used as a filming model for a few shots.

Steve

I'll admit it, I'm jonesin for the next video.

Steve if you are not yet, you should totally be the engineer on Space Command.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back