Space: Above & Beyond - screen used props

KnightAsylum

Sr Member
I heard that a bunch of screen used props from Space: Above and Beyond would be posted on a popular auction site. Not my auction so I can't be more specific, but it is suppose to be some real one of a kind items like the Hammerhead cockpit, shuttle cockpit, and weapons.

That got me thinking that it would be great to see any props from the show - if anyone has any, not just screen used, but anything fan made as well. :D

All I tend to see posted are pictures of the models. Anyone have any other props from the show they want to show-off?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KnightAsylum @ Mar 15 2007, 02:30 PM) [snapback]1440565[/snapback]</div>
I heard that a bunch of screen used props from Space: Above and Beyond would be posted on a popular auction site. Not my auction so I can't be more specific, but it is suppose to be some real one of a kind items like the Hammerhead cockpit, shuttle cockpit, and weapons.

That got me thinking that it would be great to see any props from the show - if anyone has any, not just screen used, but anything fan made as well. :D

All I tend to see posted are pictures of the models. Anyone have any other props from the show they want to show-off?
[/b]

Very cool!

Last edited:
m702.jpg

Airsoft S:AAB M-70

m70.png

Resin S:AAB M70

I went down to LA a few months ago, and picked up my Hammerhead cockpit. Very cool to say the least, and also the massive collection of other props. The warehouse had to have been about 400,000 sq ft of props from just about anything you could think of. Any way I saw all the Hammerhead cockpits, and I was the first one to take one private since the show ended. It is a shame, but most of the cockpits have been outside the entire time. They wrapped them up in heavy black plastic, but years outside has taken its toll. Some were crushed, others had the windows broken out, most had parts and pieces missing. My unit was a back ground unit, so it was decked out with all the lights like some were. The insert photo is the gimble unit the was used for the space shots. It was one of the worst ones off, but 20th Century Props claimed had been used in a few other production, not just SAAB. I will say it was massive. The balance beam stood about 15 feet high in the air, and from back to nose it was about 10-12 ft long. about 6 ft wide. The really only nice cockpit left was one they have stored inside, and it seemed like it was almost new. I was able to see, and handle some of the other hand props from SAAB, and other shows also, but they had time limit of hour that I could stay to look around.
Space_Above_Beyond_SAAB_Hammerhead_gimble_unit_001.sized.jpg

I posted more photos in my photo gallery http://byyourcommand.net/photogallery/SAAB

Hey eaviii, if you ever want to replicate that Chig armor, id be down for that! I think we discussed it in the past. That suit is just amazing. I'd love to have one.

The rifle. I think I made like 5 of them for the show.
I also did quite a bit of work on the Chig costumes.

The rifle. I think I made like 5 of them for the show.
I also did quite a bit of work on the Chig costumes.

Wow!!! That is amazing. Really two of my favorite pieces. The quality is incredible as well as the design. Thanks dude- Good to put a name to a prop. Very cool indeed-

As for the armor guys, just a lot of pics?

Doc

Those are some greaat pic , thanks fo rthe link. it looks like the Hammerhead joy stick is from a Phantom / F4 jet.
i realy loved the show.
a shame it was so short lived.
it had so many new ideas, as the clamshell helmets, the Hammerhead cockpit loading into the main body and acting as a survival pod.
the Hammerhead shape itself , and most important A REAR FIRING CANNON / TURRET,,
Damn i bet Luke wished he had one on his X-wing.:lol
here is my REAL glock 40 cal i have been purtying up.:love
scope , flash hider and laser are correct types and i have a resin shroud from Blad that i will one day make a metal one by.:rolleyes
john :cool
SAAB.jpg

Last edited:
Good to know Sony is still making NTSC rack monitors in the far future. ;)

But that's an awesome aquisition. Looked at your gallery, some really neat stuff.

it looks like they added a graphic sheet to the front of the monitors and let the monitor light it up. a good idea i have not thought of.:thumbsup
or else they have a bad case of screen burn in.:rolleyes

john :cool

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back