Sonic Saber (Sonic Screwdriver Lightsaber Mashup)

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I had this idea recently of combining elements of the classic sonic screwdriver (4th Doctor version) with parts from my favorite lightsaber(s) (Luke's second and Ben Kenobi's). I modeled the parts and here is what I came up with. I plan to add an activation box, I just didn't model that as it won't be 3D printed. I am going to 3D print the parts to test fit everything and see if I like it. Let me know what you think.

Here's the sonic screwdriver in question...
be0900_57bfa30fb9cc4defba26cb5491966d9a~mv2_d_1890_1214_s_2.jpg

My mashup....
sonic saber 3d view.jpg
sonic saber 3d view.jpg

The parts breakdown...
sonic saber side view.jpg

The cross section...
sonic saber crossection view.jpg

I ordered a Roman Empire graflex clamp, balance pipe, and booster. I will put together the 3D printed one to see how I like it. After that I'll use the replica parts from Roman Empire mixed with 3d printed metal parts for the custom stuff. The only thing that will be plastic is the Skywalker grip... it's just too expensive to print in metal. Since it's painted I don't think it will stand out to badly.

I finished my Hero version with a mixture of Roman parts and 3D printed parts. I'm thrilled with how it came out. Here are the pictures...

Sonic Saber 2021.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back