Sometimes spring cleaning doth reveal hidden treasures!

kalkamel

Master Member
Whilst cleaning my store room over the weekend, I found this gem tucked away behind boxes in a corner: a roll of Saberfreak's legendary vintage t-tracks!

A bit of a backstory: back in 2006, Saberfreak came across a stash of vintage t-tracks while searching for a replacement track for a broken one on his cupboard. He posted his findings on the RPF and the rest is history. I got about 10 rolls from him back then and over the years, sold off most of them and even gave a roll to Roger Christian back in 2014 when he came to Malaysia. I thought I'd totally ran out of them... but then I found this last roll!

As mentioned earlier, these tracks are legendary as they're the closest looking found vintage to the screen used ones due to the vertical centre profile. Even more accurate than the vintage ones I found in 2017 and 2019. Because of that, they're highly sought after by saber enthusiasts looking to do an all vintage build.

This roll is about 11 feet long and should be enough for 5 sets of 7 tracks. I'm still thinking if I need them for any of my personal builds, if not I might just put them up for grabs. Stay tuned.
rps20240215_000013.jpg
rps20240215_000026.jpg

Man, I forgot how close saberfreak track was to the ones used on set!!! are they black plastic?

Great find and very funny because last summer I found my stash of Saberfreak track. I had bought it towards the end of my first prop campaign and never used it before my hiatus. Originally he was just bending the straight track into rolls (like you have there) and mailing them that way. I was able to get him to ship me a bunch cut down to about meter lengths, but still straight. Honestly its not a big deal to straighten it with a good heat gun since it has some memory and 'wants' to be straight. Just go slow. Good stuff!

IMG_0291.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back