Some Recent works on Iron Man 2 replica : MARK IV / VI Statue / Armor W.I.P

Re: Some Recent works on Iron Man replica

I can't believe I didn't post in this thread yet.
This helmet looks amazing and your finish on them are excellent!
The suit is looking great as well.
I'm a big fan of the Iron Man suit, so I'm definately watching in anticipation for more progress.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks Bro, will keep all update .....

I just received the Mark II this morning and I must say it’s simply amazing! :love I’ll take some shoots and post more later tonight but wanted to send out a quick Thanks to Leslee. The helmet is extremely solid, well put together, the LED’s are frickin’ sweet. And the finish is superb. While I can get my 22 ¾” noggin inside and can see quite well even with the LED’s on it’s a little short and doesn’t cover my chin completly. By no means is that a complaint just an observation. I own both a Fettster’s and VashDstampede faceplate and there is a noticeable difference in size but I must say I love the look and size of this helmet. It doesn’t make you look like a bobble head when you have it on. I can’t wait for the new open faceplate version and I’m sure I’ll be adding that one to my collection as well.

Thanks Again Leslee!

Last edited by a moderator:

I just received the Mark II this morning and I must say it’s simply amazing! :love I’ll take some shoots and post more later tonight but wanted to send out a quick Thanks to Leslee. The helmet is extremely solid, well put together, the LED’s are frickin’ sweet. And the finish is superb. While I can get my 22 ¾” noggin inside and can see quite well even with the LED’s on it’s a little short and doesn’t cover my chin completly. By no means is that a complaint just an observation. I own both a Fettster’s and VashDstampede faceplate and there is a noticeable difference in size but I must say I love the look and size of this helmet. It doesn’t make you look like a bobble head when you have it on. I can’t wait for the new open faceplate version and I’m sure I’ll be adding that one to my collection as well.

Thanks Again Leslee!

Thanks very much to u brother , im glad u like the chrome and the Blue lites:)

For your helmet , we added on a layer of thick fiber . So that u can feel like holding a real metal helmet .:love

NEW SCULPT :

This is the new sculpt of helmet that will modify to open from the face-plate.

I hav lots of member asking for this :love

P1010274.jpg

P1010275.jpg

P1010278.jpg

P1010279.jpg

I just joined this thread...thinking not another iron man helmet...well I'll shut up now cause this right here is freaking fantastic! Love the paint job wow! And an opening faceplate coming!!! whooooohooo

mike

Last edited:

This is one of the most exciting projects I've seen.

Can I ask you to standardize on taking shots of the helmet from 6 feet back?

The problem with lenses is that at 4 - 5 feet there is so much perspective distortion that the mask looks swollen and you don't see much of the sides - making it very difficult to get a sense of the true proportions of the mask. Most cameras start doing okay at 6 feet. Just zoom in without cropping the helmet.

Thanks!:thumbsup

I would be interested in a run of the removable face-plate versions. However, I hope attention is paid to the comment of the helmet fitting on ones head but batman72's chin was hanging down below the helm. That really would hinder this helm from being used in a detailed COSPLAY suit. :confused

I would be interested in a run of the removable face-plate versions. However, I hope attention is paid to the comment of the helmet fitting on ones head but batman72's chin was hanging down below the helm. That really would hinder this helm from being used in a detailed COSPLAY suit. :confused

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post pics last night but I did want to send out a little update. I figured out why my chin was hanging out and it was because my forehead was hitting the battery pack that's glued inside above the eyes. If I removed the battery back (which I'm not ready to do) the helmet would probably fit me perfectly. I honestly can say enough on how good I think this helmet is. I absolutely love it! :love I'll try to take some pics soon. And on a side note Leslee did say the open faceplate version is a little bigger ... and I would be glad to do a comparison because I'm sure I will be adding the Mark III open faceplate to my collection as well :love

As promised here are some pics. Sorry they’re not the best; my wife has the good camera with her so I had to use the spare. As CSMacLaren suggested I took them from about 6 feet back. While I don’t think these pics really do this helmet justice I hope they give other’s a less distorted view and shows how amazing it truly is. The pics Leslee took on page three of this thread really shows off the finish and I must admit it even looks better in person. My camera skills need a little work. I threw in a comparison shot with a fettster’s face plate that I’m still working on. As you can see Leslee’s version is a bit slimmer, which I personally prefer but I’ve never seen a full fettster’s helmet so I can’t comment on overall appearance. Leslee’s version overall is what I had imagined a real helmet to look like. Of course it could be a tad bit bigger but that’s not a complaint I love absolutely love this helmet. Everyone I’ve showed it to thinks it’s awesome. I would love to see this next to TMP’s latest and slimmer version although I know I’m a bit too big to fit into that suite.

I’m constantly amazed at the talent of the people on this forum and Leslee in another great example. I can’t wait to see … and own ;) the open faceplate version as well as the progress on the suite.

Keep up the great work and Thanks Again!

Very nice!! Very nice indeed!!:love
I hope the open faceplate version will be available for purchase on this forum. I dont mind getting it from the 'Bay" if there is a 'Buy it Now' price on it.. don't really like bidding plus the waiting game to it. Cant wait!!

Last edited:

I am waiting on this as well. What I would love to do is get the helmet with the open faceplate and then the interior greeblies from Vash and install them!!!

Brad

Totally in love with these helmets!!! This is simply amazing work and I'd love to own one......they look amazing with the eyes lit up!!

I am waiting on this as well. What I would love to do is get the helmet with the open faceplate and then the interior greeblies from Vash and install them!!!

Brad

That's a great idea Brad! Depending on how the faceplate attaches or can be modified to attached I'd love to do the same thing since I already have Vash's faceplate kit ... still sitting unfinished :confused I'm sure I could follow your lead since the work you did on your faceplate set the standard on how it should look.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back