Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit . Suit Display Done !!

Re: Some Recent work on MAN OF STEEL Movie accurate suit .

Hey Leslee, Saw the video, the material is SUPER, doesn't loose shape when stretched.

As for the cape, its coming quit good, but I do have a couple of points: It looks like the cape in the original costume is tucked on both ends, and the material clearly looks dark red Velvet.

What do you think?
View attachment 332807

Yes.... i also keep watching the video before making my cape ... it really looks like Velvet material , similar looks to the The Dark Knight cape as it shiny reflect with light . And also it look like only thin layer . But i will follow the way that on the tour suit display that most of members see in person .

The material just sits on top and as affixed with straps/Velcro and magnets...pretty close to how he has it.

The material is a two sided micro suede from those who have seen it in person.

The Micro suede fabric that i used is only one side ..... not sure that i can find 2 sided ... any source ?

If you have the metal emblem blu ray tin there's a extra disc that follows alongside the film and shows and talks you thought how they made the film it talks and shows how the cape was done.

Thanks bro , i will get that Blu Ray soon . :D

Tip ; the movie cape is actually medium to dark crimson red, and you are right on the microfiber suede lol!

Thanks.

I think the crimson color we sometimes see in the movie is due to post-processing after the movie was filmed.

I don't have the disc kapow7 is referring to, but in this clip (at around 35-36 seconds in)
Man Of Steel Behind The Scenes - Stunts (2013) - Superman Movie HD - YouTube

You can see someone taking the cape off, and shortly after you'll see some green-screen stuff which shows the actual post-processed footage in the bottom right corner... You can see how the post-processing changes the cape color to make it appear more of a darker red. Put it at 720p and full screen it for a better look

So AJ, are you going to be sharing some pics of your work on that undersuit?

Thanks bro ...i also watched this video previously and decided to make the cape fix to the shape , as u can see the person taking off the cape , as its still in the shape , not like in the movie as it looks simple as a thin layer .... also noticed that most of the scene , the cape might be added by CG ( Not sure ) cause with some making scene that Henry performing stunt , there are both RED dots on the shoulder belt , that might be the marking dots for CG ? Thats my thought . :unsure

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen the screen-used suit in-person, masked rider's pretty good on the color. The cape is post-processed to look darker in the film.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lBjRX6pnQ...i2UvE8xGUo/s800/manofsteel+superman+boots.jpg

Thanks bro for clarify this ....yeah ... i will make it follow the screen used suit as u all see in person . :D

Im gonna have to agree on the microfiber suede and cor. Yes there's the difference between reality and Digital Grading. So, Im gonna have to agree on the microfiber suede and colour.
But what about the cape in terms of attachment?
View attachment 333104

I will attach my cape with Velcro belt or direct glue Velcro on the shoulder and also sew on the cape , like pics that i previously post .

I made this small aluminium clips , this is to put inside the small space of the shoulder armor , so the clips will cover inside the neck shoulder piece , and stay in place .

530397149-1aae5cda64f0a1c7.jpg 20140522_154844.jpg

sneak peek of the lower armor parts just done today .... still need to airbrush some silver tone on the gold belt buckle and the 2 gold straps on the waist . Also the blue frame to fit on Pannaus props Emblem . ;)

IMG-20140603-WA0001.jpg IMG-20140603-WA0003.jpg IMG-20140603-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20140603-WA0000.jpg IMG-20140603-WA0004.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20140603-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20140603-WA0004.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

Those all look perfect!

Is Pannaus supplying emblems for your completed suit run?

Those all look perfect!

Is Pannaus supplying emblems for your completed suit run?

Thanks bro... Yes..I've previously order 10 emblems from him.. 5 pcs only the RED "S " and another 5 pcs finished emblem. I've also tested a special rubber gold paint custom mixed from my paint supplier. It works great on the fabric printed with chainmail. So , guess we have the accurate chest emblem to go... thin layer without the yellow piece.

- - - Updated - - -

Stunning details man, looks fantastic.

Thanks bro.. glad u like it.. ;)

That's wonderful news! Any chance that paint could work on the boots as well?

I will attach my cape with Velcro belt or direct glue Velcro on the shoulder and also sew on the cape , like pics that i previously post .

I made this small aluminium clips , this is to put inside the small space of the shoulder armor , so the clips will cover inside the neck shoulder piece , and stay in place .

View attachment 333491 View attachment 333492

Now thats what Im talking about. Good on you Leslee :thumbsup

sneak peek of the lower armor parts just done today .... still need to airbrush some silver tone on the gold belt buckle and the 2 gold straps on the waist . Also the blue frame to fit on Pannaus props Emblem . ;)

View attachment 333496 View attachment 333499 View attachment 333497

View attachment 333498 View attachment 333502

I am in love!

Thanks bro... Yes..I've previously order 10 emblems from him.. 5 pcs only the RED "S " and another 5 pcs finished emblem. I've also tested a special rubber gold paint custom mixed from my paint supplier. It works great on the fabric printed with chainmail. So , guess we have the accurate chest emblem to go... thin layer without the yellow piece.

That's too cool. Very clever!

My girlfriend's friend was at the legends studio workshop where they still had concept pattern pieces. There was originally even a second chainmail design concept. And even a darker red blended with a pewter tone red for cape. She did say colour was stated crimson red. Cape was never post processed other than when it was full cgi. Also the warner costume tour suit was not even actually used in the movie. It was used only in preproduction final test shots. Its crazy all the back and fourth information out there. Always good to go by micheal wilkinson's words too lol!
I've seen the screen-used suit in-person, masked rider's pretty good on the color. The cape is post-processed to look darker in the film.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-lBjRX6pnQ...i2UvE8xGUo/s800/manofsteel+superman+boots.jpg

My girlfriend's friend was at the legends studio workshop where they still had concept pattern pieces. There was originally even a second chainmail design concept. And even a darker red blended with a pewter tone red for cape. She did say colour was stated crimson red. Cape was never post processed other than when it was full cgi. Also the warner costume tour suit was not even actually used in the movie. It was used only in preproduction final test shots. Its crazy all the back and fourth information out there. Always good to go by micheal wilkinson's words too lol!

Fair enough, but the entire film has had some intense digital color grading, I didn't mean that they specifically changed the color of the cape, I meant the cape looks different in person than it does on screen because of the post-processing.
leslee's cape is indeed crimson red.

That's wonderful news! Any chance that paint could work on the boots as well?

Thanks bro .... Im still finding the way to to make the silver texture on the boots as few members asked for ..... Not to promise that i can do it .... unless re work and print on new RED boots material... no promise BUT i will try my best ... ;)

Now thats what Im talking about. Good on you Leslee :thumbsup

Thanks bro .

I am in love!

Thanks , glad that u like it .

That's too cool. Very clever!

Lol.... thanks ... try to achieve the highest accurate of the suit ..... :$

wohoo, this is nearly done, it's gonna floor everybody :D

Thanks bro ... thanks to my buddy ( skylu3Design ) that work with me and give his best work in 3D , so u can see all good shape in all armor parts .

Holy cow, Leslee! You are blowing me away with this!

Lol.... thanks buddy ......... wait until u see this in person ...lol,.

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough, but the entire film has had some intense digital color grading, I didn't mean that they specifically changed the color of the cape, I meant the cape looks different in person than it does on screen because of the post-processing.
leslee's cape is indeed crimson red.

Thanks buddy , i cant thank u enough dude .... i will sure keep in mind to make u a Black young Justice Superboy suit , when i have the chance to print my new BLACK suit chain mail .

Ive done airbrush some tone effect on the gold , so now it looks more accurate and metal look . :D

Looks awesome. Can't wait to see it attached to the suit! Do you think you'll be able to do a similar effect on the yellow portion of the S?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back