Some name brands of mold making clay?

TylerHam

Hi All !

I need to make a silicone mold and the only clay I know the name of to use is "Klean Klay" which I cant find locally -

Are there any more readily available clays that would work as well? I just need a little and cant justify ordering and paying shipping if I dont have to!

Thanks

Tyler

What are you using it for, sculpting or something else like walls for a mold?

Michaels and Hobby Lobby both carry an assortment of clays that will work for both purposes... If you want cheap you can't beat using a 40% or 50% off and getting the big box of Amaco brand 'Moist Pottery Clay X-15' WED clay at Hobby Lobby for about $8 or $9 bucks... Hobby Lobby runs the 40% off on item coupons on their site 3 out of 4 weeks every month... Michaels usually has the 50% off in the Sunday paper...

For a lower cost oil/wax clay, I hear the Monster Makers 'Monster Clay' works well...

And regardless of the clay advertising sulfur free or not, I HIGHLY advise you do a test with the silicone and clay you are going to use to confirm first hand with what you have in front of you... It's real obvious when they don't play along and a BIG mess to test first...

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back