Some ideas on how to go about this

Immortal Goat

I just re-watched Unbreakable (best M. Night. Shyamalan movie ever, IMO), and there are a few props I would like to acquire/make. I do now, however, have the ability to take screenshots, so unless someone else has the movie and is willing to post pics, I'll just have to hope you know what I'm talking about.

The first (and most important one for me to get) is David's Security poncho. I was thinking of just spraypainting the letters onto a regular poncho, but I wasn't sure as to what paint to get. Would that Krylon Fusion stuff work? A nice one to go along with this would be his ballcap.

Another prop I would like is the newspaper at the end with the Artist's Rendering of David in said poncho.

And the final, and most likely the hardest to acquire, would be Elijah's glass cane.

As I said, I can't take screenshots, but if anyone is willing to do me the favor of getting some to show what I mean, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance for all your help.

i do have screencap capability but not the movie :(

i can sort of help you out though. the poncho originally started out as a normal poncho (i forget the brand), but as the movie went on and he became more and more "heroic" they modified it to have more of a cape/flair to it. by the end of the movie it was a custom made one. its not really noticable during the movie, but there was a huge thread dedicated to it back when it had first came out, and a lot of info got revealed about it.

krylon should work, but i would be afraid it would crack. i would try checking with some local places to see if they have some labeling paint for stuff like ponchos thats waterproof and you can stencil on.

the cane, obviously, was a total custom job. its been on the "most wanted" list on the RPF for a while, but i have only seen one replica of it, and that was a few years ago when the movie had just gotten out.

like i said, not sure if it helps, but the end poncho is a custom job, the one you first see is an off the shelf one.

good luck with the replicas and the hunt. id love to see one of those canes made :)

chris

Thanks for the tips. I'll be looking into that.

However, I do know that there are some people who have the ability to recreate newspaper pages, and I would like to either know how to do this myself, or how much one would charge me for a one-time reprint of the front page of that paper at the end of the movie.

I have the movie. I can see if I can get some screen caps taken and posted here... if someone doesn't manage to do it first.

They also talk about the poncho in the extra features part... will look through that to see if they mention a brand and color.

Never saw the film. Was the cane really glass or clear acylic? If the latter, I've seen acrylic canes in pharmacy's. Was there a special design to the cane? Again, haven't seen the film.

<div class='quotetop'>(Probe Droid @ Jul 24 2006, 06:24 PM) [snapback]1286679[/snapback]</div>
Never saw the film. Was the cane really glass or clear acylic? If the latter, I've seen acrylic canes in pharmacy's. Was there a special design to the cane? Again, haven't seen the film.
[/b]
I believe they said it was based on a regular cane, but made of glass... though, it's been a while since I watched the extra features... could be mistaken.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back