Solo: A Star Wars Story

The actor playing the eponymous character was horribly miscast. But maybe the film will surprise in other ways.

Even if it does surprise in other ways, though, I strongly suspect it'll not be enough to overcome their failure to cast a good Han Solo.

How do you know this? Who could Disney cast that would make a "great" Han Solo? Nobody. Maybe they should have never tried this project... but at this point, why bitch when you haven't even seen the movie?
Such a cynical bunch at this forum... I love lurking but geezus the cynicism is annoying.

7DC245AB-3E29-49EA-9E52-34ED6952C66A.jpeg

I come back to this thread regularly to recharge my dark side energy...the sheer magnitude of hate...UN-LIMIT-ED...POW-ERRR!!!!

If ever there was a secret map in a plot that led to the source of all Sith energy, it would lead back to this thread. Darth Plageous himself must be hiding in here somewhere...soaking up the dark energy :)

(I’m kidding, of course)

In all serious, the following observations by Bill Maher speaks volumes and is worth listening to in regards to the pre-release reactions to the “Solo” film. Of course, all bets are off once the film has been released:

Regarding reviewing a movie based solely on trailer: “...because why wait for the movie to come out when you can start hating it 2 months early?”

Regarding expectations and reviews: “...how come, you made the movie that you made and not the movie I would’ve made??”
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching Auralnauts latest vid and every SINGLE time Han speaks, I'm like "Ha ha God that's the worst impression"... (But fine for these hilarious vids)

And it turned out to be Anthony Ingrueber.

So all you guys whining... he sucks. Sorry. He couldn't carry this. There's just no way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching Auralnauts latest vid and every SINGLE time Han speaks, I'm like "Ha ha God that's the worst impression"... (But fine for these hilarious vids)

And it turned out to be Anthony Ingrueber.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ynmC1-YAEc

Wait... that's the Solo voice everyone's cuckoo-for-Cocoa-Puffs over? Dying... :lol:lol:lol

I typically don't go in for corny parody stuff, but there were some pretty funny bits I have to say. Although, at the 20:35 mark, Solo says "Everybody ready?" - that's Ford not Ingruber.

Wait... that's the Solo voice everyone's cuckoo-for-Cocoa-Puffs over? Dying... :lol:lol:lol

I typically don't go in for corny parody stuff, but there were some pretty funny bits I have to say. Although, at the 20:35 mark, Solo says "Everybody ready?" - that's Ford not Ingruber.

Yeah if you haven't seen the whole thing, these guys redid the first 6 parts with a completely different story where midichlorians are heroin... Jedi's do dance battles, and the Death Star is a lazer tag stadium.

It's all very weird and funny.

How many of the 209 pages of this thread have you read? There have been many alternatives thrown out... Anthony Ingruber being the forerunner.

Yeah, I get he looks and sounds like Ford... but can he really act and carry a movie? I just don't get the hate without having the data or formed opinion. We all love our Star Wars and we all want the best performance... but hating Solo or Episode IX before you've seen it is silly.

Yeah, I get he looks and sounds like Ford... but can he really act and carry a movie? I just don't get the hate without having the data or formed opinion. We all love our Star Wars and we all want the best performance... but hating Solo or Episode IX before you've seen it is silly.

You can usually make an informed decision about something prior to committing to it. Have you ever went car shopping? If you find out a car has been plagued by recalls and design flaws you usually want to stray away from it. You don't have to buy it to find out that it is a lemon.

... unless you're a Dodge fan. Zing!

Last edited:
Heres a very brief clip, I think there are a few here that would obey Woody's command in a a parsec https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwoDyPd-KHs

I guess some of us here won't ever be able to get passed him , but Alden doesn't feel (if that is the right word) too bad in the role ,but then again like having one too many X rays, multiple and prolonged exposures aren't considered too healthy. I'll wait and see before I swing the sabre.

The Cannes showing is at the weekend. If it truely is a disaster its one hell of a risk to release it there, elements are going to start to leak in one form or another. Given the right kicking TLJ has had from some SW fans I imagine ALOT of work has gone into this to try and get the tone spot on, which at the moment does kind of feel like it.

Personally I can't wait for Deadpool 2 (well thats not actually quite right, I'm fairly desparate to see Infinity War 2 but that nearly a whole year away) but Solo has gone from my "probably won't bother" to "definitely want to see" based on the trailer releases . I certainly like a huge number of things in this better than I thought, the Falcon, Chewie, Lando, several of the ship and alien designs, the overall asthetic of the movie, the Empire etc.

I just hope Lucasfilm hasn't gone and pulled another Lando on us.

PS: damn they are banging the quick clips out today!

Meeting Lando

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEr_8-X-eJ8

Holochess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0l5hD3ua_w

]

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back