Solo: A Star Wars Story

Yep, I think that the voice is too weak to be taken seriously:rolleyes Another zero on my list of...wait...zeros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like great fun!

Well I'm hoping "Infinity War" at least once more, then "Deadpool 2" probably twice and then "Solo" for the win, three in a row.

THATS what I'm hoping!!!

But what I am actually "forced" into thinking is this:

"Remember The Last Jedi, remember THE LAST JEDI, REMEMBER THE LAST JEDIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nooooooooooooooooooooo................................ I've remembered it."

I hate to admit it, but I am feeling the first slight twinges of hopeful anticipation , VERY much against the odds I may add, that this movie actually will be quite enjoyable. Maybe thats going to be the way of things now. The Sagas are going to suck, the Storys are going to score.

I will go by my observation a couple of posts back. If they drop this in 3D its going to look VERY VERY DARK in places. The normal 2D shots look moody and muddy enough as it is, but in 3D they might get some stick for this. Or it could really make the film feel very much like its own. I don't know. Its a fine line.

I will note that giant caterpillar like thing raising itself out of the water gives me the absolute creeps for some reason. But the rest of it really does , as you say, look like a lot of fun.

This is not Han Solo. All of the actor's attempts at conveying swagger fall miserably short (pardon the pun). He imbues the character with absolutely no sense of danger, that these lines he's been given--written to portray him as a badass--instead come off as downright risible.

Last edited:
I think a lot of opinions will be won or lost by how old he ends up being in the movie. If he's early 20s, with 16 some odd years of development ahead of him before ANH then I'm ever so slightly more willing to give him a chance. If this is 4 BBY or later then it's going to lose for me.

This is not Han Solo. All of the actor's attempts at conveying swagger fall miserably short (pardon the pun). He imbues the character with absolutely no sense of danger, that these lines he's been given--written to portray him as a badass--instead come off as downright risible.
Are you starting T-shirts and hats logo'd with "Not my Solo"?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Maybe this will end the bizarre notion that Kasdan is somehow the keeper of all things Solo.

I don't disagree with what you are saying Wook, Alden is in no way my first choice for Han Solo.
Watching "Infinity War" though I was struck by two actors that I thought "Well , hell if they ever shoot a SW movie set after " The Return of the Jedi" then Sebastian Stan would make a brilliant older Luke and Elizabeth Olsen a very passable Leia".
Who in the hell would play Han though? I cannot think of anybody who who kill it but........... Chris Evans? There are definitely elements in his size, overall physicallity , depth of voice etc, change his hair colour and given his overall personality ,you know, I think it would make him a good fit. He can do roguish.
Alden, well not so much.
But I'm well prepared to put aside my instinctive rejection of him on the grounds well lets see if all the other elements around him work. I like Chewie in this, Lando, and the rest of the cast are good actors and seem interesting. Having seen some of the shots in the new clips it feels more strongly like a SW movie, and possibly a good one at that.
I cannot help being optimistic about it, thats my general outlook for films, I don't actively want them to be bad, I want to like them for something at the very least. I don't think this is going to be a disaster now. I'll take an averagely good.

I don't disagree with what you are saying Wook, Alden is in no way my first choice for Han Solo.
Watching "Infinity War" though I was struck by two actors that I thought "Well , hell if they ever shoot a SW movie set after " The Return of the Jedi" then Sebastian Stan would make a brilliant older Luke and Elizabeth Olsen a very passable Leia".
Who in the hell would play Han though? I cannot think of anybody who would kill it but........... Chris Evans?

Agree on Stan.

02-sebastian-stan.w1200.h630.jpg

BMB would be the best choice for Leia. They'd just have to enlarge her buns and slide them down by her ears a bit.

bobbymilliebrown.jpg

And to round out the gang of three, well, 'nuff said.

anthony_ingruber.jpg

Last edited:

"I was kicked out of flight academy for having a mind of my own."

Han Solo would never say this. Not in a million years.

Maybe this will end the bizarre notion that Kasdan is somehow the keeper of all things Solo.

Kasdan held out until they let him bring in his completely unqualified son as a co-writer. Who has written a handful of TV episodes and a couple of movies no one cares about. I wonder if that stupid "flight academy" line is his doing.

They should just call this Solo: A Nepotists Story. Especially since AE is also there on nothing but Spielberg's clout.

:lol
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have always felt that Harrison Ford is a mediocre actor at best. I realize my opinion isn't very popular but that doesn't really concern me. I think Tom Selleck would have made a WAY better Indiana Jones. His Han Solo? He always came off as if he was just...bored. I, for one, am happy to see someone else's take on the character.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back