Done / Completed Solid aluminum Beskar Steel («COVID BRICKS») - SOLD OUT

I got mine today and they are spectacular. I’m really impressed with the way the ripple pattern wraps all the way around every side uninterrupted. You can tell Lukyanov really put a lot of design effort into these. The Imperial cog is perfect too. I almost hate to weather these they look so good.

Finally received my 2, fortunately only 1 corner out of them all were dent. So are there any tutorials on how to weather these? I’m so lost haha.

If you're not keen on using aluminium black/chemicals, a similar effect can be achieved with a backwash (very watered down paint or a commercial wash like Citadel's Nuln Oil). Very fine sandpaper or steel wool can then be used to polish the raised design.

If you're not keen on using aluminium black/chemicals, a similar effect can be achieved with a backwash (very watered down paint or a commercial wash like Citadel's Nuln Oil). Very fine sandpaper or steel wool can then be used to polish the raised design.

Awesome thank you so much for the help!

Finally got mine today. There's a small nick along the top edge, but it's not noticeable once it's blackened.

I left the Alumablack on way too long on my first attempt. I had to start over by using 220 grit sandpaper. On my second attempt it came out much better after only leaving the Alumablack on for only a minute. This is just with 1000 grit sandpaper. It's easy to touch up any spots you're unhappy with with a fine brush.

IMG_20200730_225142__01.jpg

Mine finally arrived today! I got giddy holding these things in my hand haha. However, really disappointed in the packaging, as both of them had some serious dings on at least 4 corners. Having to brave international shipping, these should have been shipped in a box. Like others, I was able to file them down and they look better, but still a bummer.

IMG_5095.jpeg
IMG_5096.jpeg
IMG_5097.jpeg

IMG_5098.jpeg
IMG_5099.jpeg
IMG_5100.jpeg

Busted corners aside, these things are magnificent! The details are just as impressive as I'd imagined they'd be up close and I'm super excited to give them a wash of aluminum black and polish the high points!

Also...Beskar armor is technically an alloy, so I like to think that pure Beskar isn't impenetrable. It's strongest when fused with another metal - a pure ingot could probably pick up a few nicks and dings!

edit: Beskar In the SW universe is kind of like a bar of gold. We want them perfect as props, but have you ever seen a gold bar? Beat to hell. It’s more real world to have it be ‘used’.

My thoughts exactly. A few people seem really upset about any corner dings (and that's their preference. Totally cool and I'm not criticizing them), but I don't mind a little wear on the corners. Especially if we're all weathering them up anyway.

Just got mine. Whos using what to weather?
Spray paint? Acrylic?

And using fine sand paper on a block? Or Steel wool? I'm new at this. Thanks.

There's a really great video a few pages back showing the weathering technique with the aluminum blacking product. Check that out. People are also using acrylic paint with great results.
I haven't weathered mine yet, but I wouldn't use steel wool. You're really only trying to take the weathering material off the raised areas. I would either place the sandpaper on a flat surface and rub the beskar across it or wrap the sandpaper in a block of wood.

I regret not buying a couple more. If anyone is selling theirs, I'd be interested. Otherwise I'll wait to see if there's ever another run

After an unusually long trip from NY to ME, mine arrived... yesterday, apparently, with absolutely no notification from the post office LOL... but I have them in hand after grabbing the mail today, and all is right with the world. A couple of minor blemishes from the trip, but nothing at all concerning and I'll be proud to have these on display. Thanks so much Denis, I love them! :)

I weathered one of mine with Citadel Nuln Oil - a quick brush on, let it dry, then (so far) 1 minute rubbing with very fine steel wool. When I do the second I'll probably go over the first with steel wool again, just to bring out the highlights better.

Attachments

• 20200731_200517.jpg
    20200731_200517.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 140
Bought two, so I did one with Aluminum Black and one with an acrylic wash, just for funsies. Have a few spots to fine tune, but...dang. I just love them to death. :)
IMG_9048.JPG
. I actually love them both. :)

Mine finally arrived today! Nice one lukyanov these are ace. Going get some weathering going with Aluminum black and some 2000 grit.

I also picked up a couple from KR Sabers when I saw he's done a similar run. They are a fair bit smaller with deeper etching. I think the larger size feels much more like a worthwhile bounty payment tbh :D

Has anyone tracked down the actual dimensions of the screen used props yet?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back