Done / Completed Solid aluminum Beskar Steel («COVID BRICKS») - SOLD OUT

Yes I used the Aluminium Black Metal Finish from Birchwood Casey in the little blue bottles. Worked like a charm.

I have seen as well that is used to touch up scratches on guns, but basically it will blacken any aluminium surfaces, so might as well use it

OK- I've found a seller for this in the UK. Is it just a case of brushing on, leaving a few minutes and rinsing off, or does it need to be added to a specific solution to use? I may just go with a black wash of paint....

OK- I've found a seller for this in the UK. Is it just a case of brushing on, leaving a few minutes and rinsing off, or does it need to be added to a specific solution to use? I may just go with a black wash of paint....
Yes I used a cloth to apply the alumblack onto the brick, letting it dry and adjust on some specific spots. i also used a brush to apply in the imperial logo and the two slots behind. That makes the brick entirely black.
Then i went on it with sandpaper, but lightly to avoid sanding the recesses.

You can use paint as well, but not sure if it is going to stay on the aluminum for long. But it could be a great way to add a bit of coloring to the metal like blue, green or brown

Just curious to see if anyone from the States has received their order from the batch that was shipped on 5/4 or 5/5. According to my tracking mine us still sitting Russia and has been since 5/12. Not worried, just curious. TIA!

I was in Apr 26 shipment and just got this update yesterday...waiting patiently!

Russian Post
Released from Russia
21 May 2020, 05:48 102972, Sharapovo

Just curious to see if anyone from the States has received their order from the batch that was shipped on 5/4 or 5/5. According to my tracking mine us still sitting Russia and has been since 5/12. Not worried, just curious. TIA!
Still Waiting...

Sounds like an exchange of political prisoners:
1590249057695.png

Mine was released from Russia on May 14th putting it in the hands of the British postal service. This could take a while, folks! :p

Another thought occurred to me is that international mail might have to go through a two week quarantine period. Just a guess.

Sucks.

Lemme ask you this - would the Folgers Decaf method work to blacken these things? Then a light sanding to bring back the detail? For those that can't lay hands on Aluminum Black...

Last edited:
I just, on a whim threw the tracking into the USPS site and it shows up. Mine was released from Russian customs on the 21st. I imagine I’ll see them some time toward the end of June.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back