So , Which Pred to get? (HT)

m0tek

Hi Guys ,
got the cleaner kit and really enjoying it a few weeks ago
to complete the scene i want an alien dog , and another Pred ,
im now considering the First one (with the lightup feature) or the 2nd one variations (ill get the lost later on - its the cheapest)

which one do you think i should get? (im getting out elder/celtic and etc out of my mind since they go for like 800$)...

would be happy to hear your thoughts

Thanks!

you'll have to be patient but you can get a P2 elder for that kind of price, you just gotta wait till someone has an auction style listing for one, and then go for it. **** those eye gouging *******'s that try to give it out for a mere 800 bucks, don't ever save up and pay "full price" for one of the higher end preds, you can almost certainly get a much better deal if you're patient. see, all those listings for 7-800 and up, those guys have been trying to sell those preds for months, cause they are counting on some idiot to just watch the market for a day or two and decide "well, hell i can scrounge up that much cash, obviously that's how much they cost" ********!!! don't do it man!!! in the last couple months, i got a chopper for 225, a P2 elder for like 340 or somethin', and a celtic for not even 300. so don't think a 700 dollar ticket is the only way, just watch, you never know how bad the seller needs the money sometimes and you can literally steal it away if you jump in at the right time :)

anyhow, id say P1 is a good solid buy, they haven't went up to crazy prices yet so i'd say get that one while you can. also the P2 elder is one bad sumbitch, and just amazing to look at. i love em all as some of you know, but we all have our favorites. (just count on a desperate need to want to paint a P2 pred if you get one, other than that the P2 is an awesome figure too)

also as far as the AVP preds go, the chopper is usually cheaper than the other three, not sure why, in my opinion he's even more badass than the others with his skull totems on his back and those sick ass blades, but i dunno, just tryin to help you out buddy

you'll have to be patient but you can get a P2 elder for that kind of price, you just gotta wait till someone has an auction style listing for one, and then go for it. **** those eye gouging *******'s that try to give it out for a mere 800 bucks, don't ever save up and pay "full price" for one of the higher end preds, you can almost certainly get a much better deal if you're patient. see, all those listings for 7-800 and up, those guys have been trying to sell those preds for months, cause they are counting on some idiot to just watch the market for a day or two and decide "well, hell i can scrounge up that much cash, obviously that's how much they cost" ********!!! don't do it man!!! in the last couple months, i got a chopper for 225, a P2 elder for like 340 or somethin', and a celtic for not even 300. so don't think a 700 dollar ticket is the only way, just watch, you never know how bad the seller needs the money sometimes and you can literally steal it away if you jump in at the right time

anyhow, id say P1 is a good solid buy, they haven't went up to crazy prices yet so i'd say get that one while you can. also the P2 elder is one bad sumbitch, and just amazing to look at. i love em all as some of you know, but we all have our favorites. (just count on a desperate need to want to paint a P2 pred if you get one, other than that the P2 is an awesome figure too)

also as far as the AVP preds go, the chopper is usually cheaper than the other three, not sure why, in my opinion he's even more badass than the others with his skull totems on his back and those sick ass blades, but i dunno, just tryin to help you out buddy

Wow , great stuff
yea i recently lost an elder for 300$ (used but in a really good condition) , and understood that the real market values for those preds are never 800$..
what your saying makes me feel so good regarding "knowing when to stop yourself from buying one "
i just recently won a machiko new for a little less then 100$ :) cant wait to see her.

ill keep u posted

i think hell on earth is dead right what he is saying about the price of them. as an experiment on my ebay account im watching 20 hot toy predators including the ones that xxleelandxx
has added here to view and its just to see how much they go for and i think people will still pay crazy money for them. 300 i think is the max i would go.. patience is the key :)

i think hell on earth is dead right what he is saying about the price of them. as an experiment on my ebay account im watching 20 hot toy predators including the ones that xxleelandxx
has added here to view and its just to see how much they go for and i think people will still pay crazy money for them. 300 i think is the max i would go.. patience is the key :)

Thanks for helping me around , its a good thing to know.
ive really noticed the price pepole put up on ebay on "older predators" or out of stock items...
it goes the same with other figures like Jack Sparrow and so..but after seeing sideshow originally sold those for like 150$ a piece..i think to myself..
WOW

the ppl who are actually selling these items make tons of money :S

Thanks for helping me around , its a good thing to know.
ive really noticed the price pepole put up on ebay on "older predators" or out of stock items...
it goes the same with other figures like Jack Sparrow and so..but after seeing sideshow originally sold those for like 150$ a piece..i think to myself..
WOW

the ppl who are actually selling these items make tons of money :S
dude ive made some crazy cash here and there sellin um, that's kinda what i do on the side, but if you're patient and jump at the right time, you can get something for almost nothin' and then double or even triple your money real quick :eek: but i'd still never even try to sell an elder for 800 bucks, just cause i have a conscience

The funny thing is those people who sell their HT Preds for such ridiculously high prices don't actually make a lot of money. It amazes me (and this is just an example) how there are $150-$160 Lost Predators on eBay, yet some sellers (even in the US) try to put theirs up for $250. What they don't understand after their listings being up for months/years is that no one will ever pay that much! True, I've seen AVP figures go for up to $500 loose, so it depends on the figure.
Be familiar with exactly what figure you're after, and how much it usually goes for (and how much it's worth to you). Set your limits for spending based on that. Other than that, like everyone else said, be patient and wait for a listing that suits your master plan (mwa, ha, ha, ha!).

The funny thing is those people who sell their HT Preds for such ridiculously high prices don't actually make a lot of money. It amazes me (and this is just an example) how there are $150-$160 Lost Predators on eBay, yet some sellers (even in the US) try to put theirs up for $250. What they don't understand after their listings being up for months/years is that no one will ever pay that much! True, I've seen AVP figures go for up to $500 loose, so it depends on the figure.
Be familiar with exactly what figure you're after, and how much it usually goes for (and how much it's worth to you). Set your limits for spending based on that. Other than that, like everyone else said, be patient and wait for a listing that suits your master plan (mwa, ha, ha, ha!).

think ill be going for a regular predator 1 (looks the most classic) and get an alien dog
however - i just found elder for 370 + 40 dollars shipping , what do u think? deal or still expensive?

and the thing with lost predator - i hear ya - its funny to see ppl ask so much money for a highly avialable figure , made me lol

AVP elder or P2? if it's an AVP elder id say wait, if it's a P2 elder id be much more thinkin about goin for it. AVP elder, again id wait cause i've seen those go for under 300 a few times in the last year, just depends on how many people are bidding at the moment, "USA only" ones are good to watch too, not as many bidders,you're deelin with a smaller pot, plus you ditch the crazy shipping costs

AVP elder or P2? if it's an AVP elder id say wait, if it's a P2 elder id be much more thinkin about goin for it. AVP elder, again id wait cause i've seen those go for under 300 a few times in the last year, just depends on how many people are bidding at the moment, "USA only" ones are good to watch too, not as many bidders,you're deelin with a smaller pot, plus you ditch the crazy shipping costs

didnt know there were 2 predator elders
its the one with red cape and "blue" hair (where his locks are actually a thing u can move and mold)

didnt know there were 2 predator elders
its the one with red cape and "blue" hair (where his locks are actually a thing u can move and mold)
they have the elder from predator 2 and the elder from AVP, the first being the more sought after and expensive, but ya the AVP series did have the cool bendable dreadlocks, i just think you could probably get a slightly better deal if you waited but who knows. do what you will buddy but if you haven't seen the P2 elder then you should go to the hot toys site and check him out cause he's really friggin cool and the face sculpt was the most impressive hot toys pred head sculpt to date (many agree anyway:) on top of all the other stuff in there. he don't have bendy dreds, but he's my favorite personally or if you look in my "predator shelf" thread the one in the very middle is the one im talking about, he's been customized quite a bit so i don't know if that's the best example of what the figure looks like or not, (probably not :D but that's him with the blue-ish dreds.

they have the elder from predator 2 and the elder from AVP, the first being the more sought after and expensive, but ya the AVP series did have the cool bendable dreadlocks, i just think you could probably get a slightly better deal if you waited but who knows. do what you will buddy but if you haven't seen the P2 elder then you should go to the hot toys site and check him out cause he's really friggin cool and the face sculpt was the most impressive hot toys pred head sculpt to date (many agree anyway:) on top of all the other stuff in there. he don't have bendy dreds, but he's my favorite personally or if you look in my "predator shelf" thread the one in the very middle is the one im talking about, he's been customized quite a bit so i don't know if that's the best example of what the figure looks like or not, (probably not :D but that's him with the blue-ish dreds.

lol just saw them both
that piercing the elder predator looks so pervertish lol
:D

although i really like the other one (with the cape)

lol just saw them both
that piercing the elder predator looks so pervertish lol

although i really like the other one (with the cape)
well if you get this there is one (with the cape) that is ending in 4 hours that is only at 200 right now, might wanna try to get in on that:) or i will, that's the only one i don't have. good luck buddy!

Already bought a mint HT BD Predator 2 for below $300, shippin' and all. Any online forum is a better choice than eBay. No bidding, no hassle, and more down to Earth prices. Meanwhile, I was watching that AVP Elder Predator auction that ended earlier today, just out of curiousity; surprisingly low price. Whoever snagged that got an insane deal.
I'd say shoot for a Hot Toys Predator 1. He was the first HT Pred (and first HT figure) I ever got, and he looks amazing. Sadly, his price is growing... Better hurry it up, man! Lowest priced auction now is at $175 (+ $55 shipping -- blech). Eventually, he'll have the same valued fate as the AVP Preds...
Speaking of which, a Celtic Predator has just started on eBay for $200 (+ $25 shipping)! He'll undoubtedly go for above $500, being MIB, but just a heads-up for anyone interested.

m0tek, focus on getting your hands on the P1. Be patient, but try to get him sometime within the next 1/2 to 1 year, while his price is still decent. Buy a different Pred only if it's at an irresistible price and he's worth well over $250.
I'm just happy to finally have gotten a head start with my P1, so that a few years from now, when the next biggest thing comes out, I can cash in. 'Course, he does have a broken left knee joint, but people will pay. At least $200 (or $250) by then, that's certain. For now, he's one of my grails (but if HT does an "Avatar" Neytiri -- and they probably will, she'll soon replace him as the ultimate centerpiece). My P1 looks gorgeous, so I'm talking selling him WAY down the road. College would be a good time. Hmm... wonder if I'll still be doin' this then. Huh.

Sorry for the elaborate story, but I figured, with all things about Pred-hunting, I'd post what's up at the moment.

PS: That forum advice is true. Try Sideshow Freaks ( www.sideshowcollectors.com) forum! Plenty of people there have HT figs, including the P1 for less than $200. Remember, while eBay is a popular choice, it's not always the best (and therefore most reasonable) one.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back