So i started to make the costume of "Darth Malgus"

Ysoserius

Hello,

i'm fairly new to cosplay and after i made my first cosplay costume of a generic sith last year i now decided to make a costume for 'Darth Malgus'...

i'm also new here on this forum (first fost) so i hope i can get some (positive) feedback and maybe help some others with inspiration...

my inspiration ofcourse was the video trailers of the old republic where Malgus was featured as a badassand the many photo's i found online.

Also i have to mention then i got a lot of info from a member of this forum SonAlexander and his thread of making the 'darth Malgus' costume....

As i type this my costume is not finished yet (barely started) but i have done some work....

1) Lightsaber
2) Mask
3) Hands
4) Shoes
5) Legs
5) Front armor
6) ... rest

Last edited:
1) Lightsaber : So i bought the STL file and noticed it was not for a working lightsaber.... so i had to adjust the files .. i printed them on my resin 3D printer (Elegoo Mars) and then inserted the electronics... i had a other lightsaber that i didn't use anymore so i got the electronics from that one... IMG_0522.jpgIMG_0520.jpgIMG_0507.jpgIMG_0506.jpgsaber.jpgsaber1.jpgsaber3.jpg

did some paining and voila the saber is done

Last edited:
2) Mask : same thing here i bought the stl file and printed it out... added some led painted it. I still have to find a way to keep it on ..because it keep lowering so i will have to find a way for that to work

masc.jpgmasc1.jpgmasc2.jpgmasc3.jpgmasc4.jpg

3) Hands (gloves)... The first picture is the original malgus. here i first went online and bought me some 'armored' motorcycle gloves(picture 2). Then i did some more effort and in Tinkercad i designed the 'pad' (picture 3) for on the gloves... and i printed it on my 3d printer.... i 'damaged' it somewhat and gave it a painting job (picture 4)

arm malgus ori.JPGgl.JPGhand.JPGIMG_0945.jpg

3) Hands (gloves)... The first picture is the original malgus. here i first went online and bought me some 'armored' motorcycle gloves(picture 2). Then i did some more effort and in Tinkercad i designed the 'pad' (picture 3) for on the gloves... and i printed it on my 3d printer.... i 'damaged' it somewhat and gave it a painting job (picture 4)

View attachment 1338844View attachment 1338838View attachment 1338839View attachment 1338842
The weathering on the gloves looks great!

4)Shoes..;Boots. I got lucky on second hand site and bought me some boots (motorcycle ones) for no less then 5 € inclusive shipping. I used the patterns i saw on the thread of SonAlexander and here we go... boots are done

m.jpgm1.jpgIMG_0964.jpgIMG_0965.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back