SNG studios Daily video

I occasionally check this forum and only Now found this thread. I follow regularly on YouTube. Still working on My Big E. With only a few hours a week it takes awhile, plus all the mistakes requiring redoing the parts. This has prompted me to return to building circuit boards. I tried the new method of toner transfer but couldn't get that to wok at all. With what's available now I went back to using the photoresist method, especially since software now allows a person to design the circuit and the layout function has the capability of auto-routing. It eliminates mistakes in the design and layout. It used to be, years ago, you had to lay out the patterns on a transparent sheet and hope no mistakes and then take it to a lithographer to make a negative so you could expose the photoresist. Now I can just do it all in software, print it out on transparency and its ready to go. Not long ago I found what seems to be the original circuits for the TMP Enterprise. What makes me wonder about the authenticity is there were a number of errors on the schematic. Mostly pin numbers. The circuit used some components that were Very difficult to find and I had to order a batch of some from China. The hardest to find was the LM3909 Strobe chip. I have all the parts for that board now. The board layout I have now has wiring connections scattered all over the board. This will make it a mess wiring. I am considering using cable connection on the edges of the board. They way it is designed it will be much more difficult for only a two-sided board, 4X6. Doing all this has delayed the building of the Big E.

Lots more done on the Phaser for our Patreon subscribers of a 100 dollars or more. It is so clean now they weren't this clean on TNG. I will mold it on Friday. They will be hallow cast and have lights and sound.
Got all the parts cut out on StarGazer and a bunch more done on the Galactica.
All this is being covered on video step by step in for our new pay show format. But we will still have our regular SNG Experience show weekly that generally covers the goings on at our studio. More on all this soon.

IMG_2177.JPGIMG_2176.JPGIMG_2174.JPGIMG_2179.JPGIMG_2181.JPGIMG_2184.JPG

IMG_2174.JPG

IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_2177.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2184.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Martians Attack SNG is really really done. Next week I cut a nice trailer. Week after that it will be online.
Battle Star will be done tomorrow at long last. Lots of armor to add still and guns.Not that it took that long but there were so many other projects and the movie to do.
By tomorrow there will be the Star Grazer and Enterprise as the main model projects for now. When they are done we have a few more really interesting Star Trek builds to do you haven't seen before.
The new series pilot script is done. Sent out and we are getting our crew together to launch the campaign. Andy Probert is now producer besides designing the ship, space suit and more. It's called "Star Voyager" some of you will no what that really means. Right?
Website is under construction and will be linked here when it goes public. This is an original story I wrote. We are doing a pilot first.

IMG_2192.JPGIMG_2186.JPGIMG_2189.JPGIMG_2193.JPGIMG_2188.JPGIMG_2190.JPGIMG_2191.JPGIMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2186.JPG

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2188.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2192.JPG

IMG_2193.JPG

Did finish today. Had some problems and broke a nacelle off by accident that caused a second to come off and that caused a short that blew out some of the LED's. Maddening but welcome to modeling. All fixed now. I still have to add the bottom armor and do the real paint job and aztec modeling effect with the airbrush.
All on Monday. Oh and a very thin brass tube did the trick for the antenna that is supposed to be lighted. Now I just need to build and sculpt the shape with Apoxie sculpt.

IMG_2209.JPGIMG_2211.JPGIMG_2215.JPGIMG_2217.JPGIMG_2218.JPGIMG_2219.JPGIMG_2220.JPG

IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG

IMG_2215.JPG

IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

IMG_2219.JPG

IMG_2220.JPG

Thank you!

Since we are only allowed 10 pictures please use my blog link to see them.

Battle Star Galactica is finished, except for the 4 missing pieces of armor on the engine. I talked to Kip Hart today and he’s sending me the missing armor. Thanks Kip!
I can’t say enough good things about this kit. It is cannon and accurate completely. Doug Drexler saw the kit when I first got it and told me so.
It had not one bubble in all the cast parts. That’s because they use a vacuum chamber and pressure pot I would guess.
The parts fit prefect. The instructions are very good. The orthos provided are huge and in color for both the versions. Clean and battle damaged.
It is the largest Battle Star Galactica on the market.
So if you want a really good BSG this is the kit to get! It’s not cheap, and that’s why it cost more than other garage and injected massed produced kits. You get what you pay for and sure do with this model.
Here are a few pictures. It’s now proudly displayed in our show room. I need to get a plague made for it.
Kip and all the Bad Azz team…thank you so much for this wonderful model and experience. I never loved a TV show more than BSG. And the ship has a soft spot in my heart.

https://steveneill.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/battle-star-galactica-is-finished/

IMG_2251.JPG

Spent half the day editing our regular free show. Another half on “Star Voyager”. Things are really moving on the new film and lots of great folks on the team already. Andy Probert is being quite the producer. Tomas Martin just sent us the scores theme which knocked my socks off. Mary got the website started.
I spent a few hours working on the Stargazer too. Made bulk heads for it to support the vacuum form saucer section. I used a contour gauge to do it and it turned out quite well. I am documenting every single step and product used on video which will be available when I finish the model for a small fee to watch.
More tomorrow,

Steve

IMG_2262.JPGIMG_2263.JPGIMG_2264.JPGIMG_2267.JPG

Always great to see you in action, Steve. I found MA-SNG very enjoyable, and I love following the Enterprise build for the MOSF. And when I can't get to Techshop to work on my own stuff, I can at least watch you and scratch the itch. Thanks! :)

-- Aureliano

Thank you Aureliano!

I'm still at the studio helping my friend Carl Soto make a mold. But I got pretty far on the frame up of the Stargazer today. It's just taped together and all the sub assemblies come apart still.
Next to put on the last of the remaining surface parts, light block and start drilling windows.
For the clear parts for the nacelles I'm going to make stone castings of the clear areas and vacuum form clear parts, cut out the holes and put then in from behind.
This model is a dream to build goes together so well and the parts fit great!
Lou Dalmaso was kind enough to send me the Aztecs for this baby. Thanks Lou!
More tomorrow.

IMG_2312.JPGIMG_2310.JPGIMG_2308.JPGIMG_2305.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2310.JPG

IMG_2308.JPG

IMG_2305.JPG

Yeah, you can't beat Lou's graphics. I was so happy to talk him up at the Enterprise event at NASM! I'd never met him before, but I knew his work, and when I heard him talking about his business, I asked, "Are you Aztec Dummy?" He said yes, and I rudely interrupted his pitch to blurt out to Malcolm McCollum how essential it was that he use Lou's masks, and what a great reputation he has. I had suddenly transformed from 50-year-old lawyer to 10-year-old fanboy. As the millennials say, his stuff is the shiznit. Or is that Gen Y? Whatever. It's all groovy. :p

Today, Saturday I spent the day alone at the studio and made UltraCal 30 stone negative molds off the Stargazers nacelle parts to create forms to vacuum form the clear parts the kit didn’t come with.
Then I light blocked one nacelle half and did a test with the clear part. They fit perfectly to the inside. A bit of frosting and Modelman Tom’s strip lights and I can see I’m on the right path.
This entire build is being covered in one long video for our new Video On Demand series.

IMG_2338.JPGIMG_2337.JPGIMG_2334.JPGIMG_2326.JPGIMG_2324.JPGIMG_2323.JPGIMG_2317.JPGIMG_2315.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back