Snatcher - Metal Gear MkII Robot Build

This is Harry Benson. The in-game creator of the Metal Gear MKII.

gens2009-09-0820-24-05-04.jpggens2009-09-0504-16-27-26.jpgSnatcher_Harry_3.jpgUntitled-1.jpgAzXWXbeCAAEbHvc.jpg

I thought it would be cool to have his hat as I was working on Metal.

The logo used in the promo artwork is a bit different than what is used in the game so I went with a combo of the two logo designs.
Page13_tr.jpg

Final design-
junker-hat-logo.jpg

Made an Iron on transfer and put it on an old canvas towel to give it an old worn look.
11071553866_ba147b99f1_b.jpg

11071458725_9483b4bd8b_z.jpg

11071557074_bc3ccac7d9_b.jpg

Cut out with scissors and hot glued to a baseball cap-
11071601473_388b25ed9e_b.jpg

A little weathering and it's finished!
11071431285_4d9d9d6517_b.jpg

Today is the 25th anniversary of Snatcher original release in Japan on the PC-88.

Last night I got a little bit more work done on the legs.

11071564896_e0f0154e5d_b.jpg11071572146_8fe7698869_b.jpg

Hoping to get a bit more done tonight.

how good you are and how much you know! Electronics, modeling, molds and materials! If you like so much alien, why do not you make one mechanized with electronics!? With a system of pulleys and delays that do from curled to reach the upright position? It would be terrible! :)

Whoa! I'm amazed. You're putting so much work and detail in it! As a huge snatcher fan this is amazing!
I was thinking of making a MKII for myself sometime, mostly for use with a Gillian Seed costume. Would it be okay if I used some of what you've posted up here, design wise?

Hard to make time for the project bug still making progress here and there when I can.

Prepping some more files to be laser cut soon. That last batch worked so nicely if felt like cheating.

Still doing more research on making the screen more than a digital frame. The idea of playing Snatcher on my mkII is addictive.

So far the hardest part of that goal is getting a 5.6 monitor that isn't messed up. That size isn't made anymore and the car monitors I've picked up off eBay have had really poor quality screens or just didn't work with my raspberry pi.

I'm hoping to mold the body soon though. It'll be nice to get another big part finished up.

I'd be happy to play snatcher on anything as i've had no luck getting a copy running for some reason. It's going to be that insanely expensive holy grail when i get a working sega cd. Can't wait to see more of this. I just found a papercraft version of the mGS4 version.

I actually just found a sega cd emulator. i need to look into a translation of the original uncensored snatcher and policenauts since HIdeo doesn't realize even a halfassed remake would sell lol. I think i'm going to try a mk II this spring when i get a chance. The basement is so damp in the winter it gets moldy fast. Hopefully there'll be another source of videoscreens that can be used.

Last edited:
The sega cd version is great. The "censoring" is very minor really.

The only translated Japanese version available is a fan translation of the original MSX version which has no sound and was essentially released without the final story act. No voice acting and it runs a little slow on the msx.

I will say that I kind of like the old msx artwork a bit more over the superior hardware of the sega cd. The colors are a bit moodier and monochromatic than the brighter more rendered artwork from the sega cd version.

Both are interesting artifacts but I'd say play the sega cd version first. It's just a more enjoyable experience overall.

Policenauts is pretty cool too. Interesting story with tons of little details to explore. Highly recommended.

Yeah i found a fan translation of policenauts, just not sure i have faith in getting it to run lol. I'm really surprised hideo hasn't redone them into extras in metal gear games like they did with the first two in the special Snake eater.

I've still yet to play SD Snatcher. One day I'll make the time.

From what I understand the story goes even further than what was told in the regular Snatcher game.

SD snatcher is supposed to have a really good fan translation coming out soon. It's interesting that it's an old school style RPG. Now i really want to make a tiny Rex version of MK 2. I think it'd actually be rather neat looking.

Cool! It was definitely on my list after the MKII gets finished up.

Here's some non-standard gun ref if you need-

Attachments

• file-3.jpg
    file-3.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 208
  • BlasterDgrm.png
    BlasterDgrm.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 450027-snatcher-pc-88-screenshot-your-new-blaster-it-is-unbelievably.png
    450027-snatcher-pc-88-screenshot-your-new-blaster-it-is-unbelievably.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 367
  • pcpd-21.jpg
    pcpd-21.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 219
  • B1.jpg
    B1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 254
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back