Snake Eyes: GI Joe 2 Retaliation suit ***NEW HELMET PICS ADDED***

Perhaps if you use one visor as the base and then glue the segments over that you can chose which areas are best to glue and not impede the vision.

As far as vac form goes, you can build your own for small jobs such as this. I think
there are many plans and how to videos on Youtube as well as, I am sure, a few
clever folks on this very forum that could help out.

The funny thing is that I just got a really good deal on a good vacuum former so I'm going to try and vacuum form the visor which is what I think they did any way. It will look a lot smoother then gluing pieces of visor together, which I would have done if I couldn't vacuum form the visor. Now I just have to wait on the vacuum form machine.

I've been wondering about the visor, too. The gloss and coloring almost looks like it's a laminate of a smoked acrylic with a clear acrylic over top. You could do that with two sheets of plexiglass, and sandwich threads in between to get the lines. Tricky as h***, but might give the right look?

I plan on using a vacuum form machine for the visor and using plexi glass or petg glass to form the shape. For the black gloss look I'm going to use lense tint spray paint on the inside of the visor to make it black outside but still see through on the inside. I've seen other people use this method for a draft punk helmet. It will look very close to the movie visor.

I plan on using a vacuum form machine for the visor and using plexi glass or petg glass to form the shape. For the black gloss look I'm going to use lense tint spray paint on the inside of the visor to make it black outside but still see through on the inside. I've seen other people use this method for a draft punk helmet. It will look very close to the movie visor.
WTH couldn't I have had you do my helmet!:facepalm
It sounds like this will be turning out great!:thumbsup

Thanks for the comments!

The lines aren't painted on so no masking is necessary. They are actual grooves in the visor which will come out when I vacuum form the visor. And like I said I will not be using window tint due to the intricate detail of the visor. Black auto lense tint spray for brake lights will work great for this so I don't have to mess with window tint.

Dude, the helmet looks awesome. Big big Snake-eye's fan. The silent ninja is definately on my too doo list. Look forward to seeing progress

Long time no hear from Mcoatsey. It's good to see you are still on here. Thank you sir.

I'm going to try and make the visor from two motor cycle face sheilds like Mauflett did his. It's not a bad substitute until I can get the vacuum forming method down.

Hi, for the visor use one motor cycle visor and one dark flexible visor like the faceshield when people use to cut garden with a trimmer

Things been busy with work, Uni etc, I've been a bit slack. A big to-doo list but never enough hours in the day. I will get round to finishing the other peps from you. Working on the gluing Redhood v2 pep. Kapow 2012 is on next wkend in London, plus a DC-52 panel will be there. Loving the Snake-Eye's, look forward watching your progress.

I am interested as well but my question for the helmet gurus as my sculpting is limited. Can it be done around a DOT approved Carbon Fiber Daytona skull cap helmet? Can the Face portion be done with a Kevlar/carbon fiber weave fabrice, line two layer to protect the face with just glueing on the visor, and face portion? Maybe connecting to the Helmet with rare earth magnets? I would be willing to pay if some one could do this as I am making a spare fiber glass body for my Buell 1125R bike to make a Snake eyes bike with duo mini guns up front and one out back.

Not sure is one could be made around such helmet. It would be hard because the snake eyes retaliation movie helmet is not a motorcycle helmet even though it appears to be in some areas but the shape is different.

Also I have never worked with kevlar/carbon fiber fabric at all. That kind of fabric I believe needs certain resin and also needs to be compressed together for strength. I wouldn't know where to begin.

I don't think gluing a visor on for practical riding protection use is really a good idea. I don't think it would hold up in an accident. I know that motorcycle helmets are DOT approved and have to build to specific specifications.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back