Snake And Ram. Snake Pg3 Ram Pg5, 02/01/12

I like the direction Ram took. In the pictures the light purple/pinkish tones along the back of the head (I am thinking) should be toned into the surrounding greys/light blues. View the reference pics of the undermask to see kind of what I mean. If you decide to add more or the neon blue dots like you mentioned, perhaps keep them more along the outside edge of the top of his forehead details and not in the part down the center? My rationale for this is on his body, he only had the oddball neon blue dots along the outside edges of his body on top of the weird gray layers--olive drab(?)--light blue fade thing he had going on. None of those little neon blue spots were along the center section of his body. Also, in zooming in, it almost looks like the neon blue dots have a tiny center that is either lighter blue or perhaps white?

Andy, There are still the olive tones in places to do which will help the pink sink in alittle more, but as they only show up on the one photo i am not sure or convinved it is not lighting playing tricks, as the full outside body shots, show no such colours, but i aill add maybe one light pass anyway.
I said i will add a few bue spots on the head, i am not going to make his head look like a glow stick do not worry :cool:
I do not think the spots had a white centre, i think you are just seeing pale pixels from zooming in so much lol.

back in work again today , but i hope to get back on this on friday. and finish him in a weeks time. ( tempting fate i know lol )

Lee, what reference pics are you using and could you throw them up for the rest of us?

The pics of the half mask are here on the Lair Brad, surely you know how the search function works............... ( laughs evily )

you were right....you totally screwed them up.

they came out amazing bro.. anyone would be lucky to own one.
that's some world famous stuff right there.

Thanks for all of that, apart from the last sentence Drew.

I have never, nor will ever, consider myself a "cosplayer" or going out to do some "cosplay"....no matter what type of costume I own. Cosplay to me will always refer to teenagers way too heavily involved in anime, ONLY.

Snake came out great man.....annd Ram seems to be progressing quite nicely too.......I f*cking hate you people with garages!

lol, its not my garage, im just spare room squatting, and using a spare bench in said garage :)

I do not think i will get any done on RAM today, although it is my 1st day off, the severe winds left behind some swell, so im putting on the thermal rash vest , putting on wetsuit and off surfing until my fingers are numb. ( thats code for trying to not get smashed my every single wave like last time )

I WILL be back on this for a hour or so tomorrow, but i intend on having a few beers in this spare room, then falling asleep way way before bloody midnight.

Dude, that snake came out awesomely, loving it. The Ram is coming along swell, liking where it is going nice one. Don't have a garage either so am using the conservatory for everything - sculpting, moulding etc. Can't say that my wife is impressed with that :cool: :p

Well ram is virtually done, i did a pass of green, and some more blue shading, on the crown, then black and blue spots, i also foamed the crown and painted the mouh and small latex teeth.

all that is left now, is a white wash on the crown in places, then the bigger teeth and top coat, he should be finished tomorrow before another week of night shifts.

Overal im fairly happy with him, i am glad i kept the dirty look, and also glad i did not try to change too much and tighten up details for the sake of it.

ram7.jpg.gif

ram8.jpg.gif

ram9.jpg.gif

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back