Small props for display in a living room?

Fawbish

Sr Member
Hey guys, my first thread, thought I'd start a discussion.

I'm moving (yet again) soon into an apartment, and whatever it ends up like, this time I'm wanting to make it a little more personal (I am renting, so no major mods).

But my idea is basically to see what kind of a display I could create for not too much money - and what I would want to display within it.

I very much like the idea of small props, life sized to the movie counterparts. Personally, I'd like Wolverine's dogtags, for instance. A little weathered, and sat on a small plinth covered in silk material - authentic you know? And I'd like a mix of my favourite things - another idea is Clark Kents glasses from Smallville and his name plaque from the Daily Planet desk. A batarang accurate to the ones Bruce makes in Begins etc. I'm sure you get my drift :)

Now, I just wanted to see what everyone else had (pictures more than welcome!) in this category - small props that arent scaled, and are relatively easy to make/come by. Just interested really!

Let it begin. :thumbsup

Look up "IKEA Pilbo coffee table" if you have a small space but want to display items in a functional fashion. Its also a good hiding spot for the items if you dont want to freak the lady friends out, just put wax paper under the glass. This isnt practical with a Detolf or shelving.

If you really want to have fun and keep the ladies away, fill it full of zombie parts.

Look up "IKEA Pilbo coffee table" if you have a small space but want to display items in a functional fashion. Its also a good hiding spot for the items if you dont want to freak the lady friends out, just put wax paper under the glass. This isnt practical with a Detolf or shelving.

If you really want to have fun and keep the ladies away, fill it full of zombie parts.

That is pretty cool indeed. Lighting could be...interesting. LED fitted on the inner walls perhaps, with a ceiling shade to direct the beam.

I was also thinking a fish tank (tall rather than long) with various levels within it, spotlit at the certain points.

What about the props then guys? I wanna see some screen accurate (or near ;) ) props that people are proud enough to show off!

Back