Slave1 V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, its not that easy in the UK, people don't buy stuff like this very often so its a proper mission to find a good place

Robert that reminds me Ive still to check that dim for you on the 312T4 part, sorry will get to it over the weekend

Guy, There are people on ebay who sell custom cut sheets of 3mm acrylic/perspex. A 1000mm x 500mm sheet for about 17 quid as an example. A builder of your talent could knock one up pretty quickly. :)

Guy, There are people on ebay who sell custom cut sheets of 3mm acrylic/perspex. A 1000mm x 500mm sheet for about 17 quid as an example. A builder of your talent could knock one up pretty quickly. :)

I wish but thanks for vote of confidence, If you watched me out shelves up you'd retract that :)

Thanks, its not that easy in the UK, people don't buy stuff like this very often so its a proper mission to find a good place

Robert that reminds me Ive still to check that dim for you on the 312T4 part, sorry will get to it over the weekend

No worries, thanks. I've plenty of little bits to strain my eyes over... ;^P

Regards, Robert

Flowers blooming out splendid,and the great show are always to burst open later on.
Looking forward to this!

Don

Thanks Don

I'm at the pregnancy stage, just have to sit back and wait whilst all the parts develop, I've had my 12 week scan and it's doing well and growing

Aren't they :thumbsup almost be a shame to paint them...almost :)

Ive been blessed with help by some very decent folk, vert talented folk and very generous folk.... Proudly made in Europe and when done will be a very international collaboration

I'm a very lucky man right now.

My current aim of this build, builds is a fully replicated hull matching what ILM did re layers and why...fully working armature and now looks like we may have injection molded canopies to add that extra touch of class...

Its something that deserves to be epic and I just hope I can match the work thats being done on my behalf by all involved ..... if your going to build a Slave 1 then it has to be done for love and passion....nothing else. That said I'm still really looking forward to seeing the pulls from its evil twin, you can never have enough Slave 1 info and discussion as it all leeds to a better build for all involved

More very pleasant updates coming my way very soon especially as I can now get the hole ship pulled in styrene twice for the same price as my prototype Skirt cost, its still proudly displayed and soon to be a great paint test peace

Last edited:
Oooh, those engines do look nice. I always thought they were screw-in bulb threads on the original. Have they ever been ID'd?

Not that I'm aware of, we did start looking at projector lamp fittings but nothing turned up, one day they will , I'm sure of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back