Slave1 V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think how I feel after all these years and many random situations, to be honest if I didn't do another thing on it just having it sat here in black and white looks so cool. I've put a lot of care and attention into the engineering and the people that helped me put just as much care in because if your going to do something this cool it has to be done well and I think we did a great job as its actually building itself so far with not a great deal of effort

Just building it in the correct layers gives it a really authentic feel , having spent many hours with the original model and seeing slowly come together in front of me I have a great sense of pride in the work .

It's a very nice feeling having a scratch built Slave 1 on the go, much better than trying to get one

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is going to CE 3 this weekend it'll be there on display

0153642702541603_2278483991393795107_n_zpsf7q3mppi.jpg

Guy, did you have up close access to the original or just from viewing it at the road shows? I'll be in Italy later this yet for the next three years. I could never catch a US show and am looking forward to visiting them in Europe, as they seem to have more shows there. This build is simply amazing. The metal parts are what I admire the most, if I had to pick my favorite part of the model. I hope to be able to build something like this at one point in the future!

Just the same access as everyone else, you can get close to it but through glass, Joe bud I hope its still on display when you get here, though so much is being damaged I think they will scrap the travelling exhibition at some point

Ive studied this model and the pictures and the vintage pictures for over 3 years now, to be honest Ive not even been going to the ref whist Ive been assembling these hull parts as its so close out of the box s to speak. ITs a very different build to the V3, no haste in the design this time and much closer armature to the original model. I did reach out to Ease a number of times but sadly he wants to keep private but very understandable. The armature is a mix of reality, observation, study and practical solution, none of which could be done without the work I put into it, my 3D helper also spotted some new things that got ironed out of the old design so its improved on so many levels, its not perfect but I had to stop at some point and go with it... its already better than I could of ever hoped for.

The best thing that ever happened was this going west with the old version.....

This model to me is not just a build, its been a dream for so many years, and still will be only me second scratch build so have much to learn and fast.

I constantly think of the people before me that tried this model and hit brick walls, all I ever wanted to do was knock down the brick walls for a change, I'm still trying and hope to pull off the full job in good time..... to me this thing is a grail, its not a source of income, its just pure love for a subject. This hobby has been devoid of a proper Slave 1 for too long, we have so many great builders and ships to gaze upon but this one always alludes us.

Massive thanks to everyone that came to see me and Lee Stringer this weekend at CE3, what a bonkers 4 days and sorry if you got ranted at :)

So many crazy situations and so many amazing people, being at the Fox pub with so many Star Wars nutters each night was a great treat

Thanks to Lee for being such a cool booth buddy ... Now back to work on the Mad Panda and a trip to frame my Apology from Gareth Edwards :)

I wasn't but only changed my mind last min and cancelled my work, Lee took over when I cancelled but with my foot being bad decided to go again rather than work, you should have said :-(, bugger :-(

I hope next time it'll be in Paris ! :D Maybe at Disney !

No worries I was at work anyway this week-end...

Hope you both had a great time though !

Did you meet Felix ?

It was a great weekend mate, none stop. Yes we hung out for a bit each day and met Gareth Edwards together amongst other things, hope to see him again so in Munich

It was a great weekend mate, none stop. Yes we hung out for a bit each day and met Gareth Edwards together amongst other things, hope to see him again so in Munich

Who is Gareth Ewards ?

[edit] OK, Googled him, did not know him haha Never seen any of his movies and never heard of him. I hope he's a good director, I've read they had to re-shot most of the film :/

Last edited:
Sorry Edwards, he's the British director of Rogue One and Godzilla, had a great little chat with him. He popped up to do a signing of some amazing prints for charity, the lone trooper in the ocean with a storm behind him. It's the best thing I saw there and was so chuffed to get one. It's an incredible photo

- - - Updated - - -

No one got any sleep for 3 days even PHIL Brown was a dirty stay out all night party animal :)

Sorry Edwards, he's the British director of Rogue One and Godzilla, had a great little chat with him. He popped up to do a signing of some amazing prints for charity, the lone trooper in the ocean with a storm behind him. It's the best thing I saw there and was so chuffed to get one. It's an incredible photo

- - - Updated - - -

No one got any sleep for 3 days even PHIL Brown was a dirty stay out all night party animal :)

Ah yeah saw that print you psted on FB ! Looks amazing !

Haha it seems you guys enjoyed it a lot ! :)

Everyone enjoyed it, was a lot of fun till the one idiot at 5pm on Sunday broke the guns on my A wing leaning on it... He was not sticking around when mr angry popped out to play, easy fix thankfully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back