Slave1 V.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This I'm now calling the mad Panda !! Todays efforts in parts roughing in. Its def a testing build

0153629594251603_3258184294632557680_n_zpspqva2e1w.jpg

0153629812161603_3294181074714632727_n_zpsf0bz3m4t.jpg

0153629752246603_1263500730568629583_n_zpstpkhytez.jpg

Last edited:
It's looking awesome. Great work. Only the nose seems not to be aligned properly... it looks a bit... twisted... ;-)

BTW, what's the mass of the current status without all the donor kits?

Be-oo-tee-full! Top notch work Guy.
Saw another one of these in the flesh the other night, the tiles were a different colour though! :lol You don't really appreciate the size of this thing in the photos, it's huuuge...

Cheers all, I can tell you this the head scratching that Ease must of done building this must have been huge. If I can get it half as nice as the original I'd be ecstatic

My first big headache is the 1.5mm pulls in black have kept they're thickness at the top of the hull but are perfect at the skirt end so, I think it's best to stick with this rather than go too thin at 1mm but I can sand it slightly to get a closer result. Also I think they pulled everything straight off the Buck where as I've added trim lines so have to pull over a pull or could spend a lot of time filling and cleaning up. Though this will cause a slight deviation but it's worth it having the trim lines as cutting this accurately without would take an age and open up for serious errors if wrong.

My plan to make master templates that sit inside the black sheet is working so far, one step at a time and the Mad Panda will slowly come to life, loving the ABS so far re trimming and sanding

Beautiful already and it's not even finished yet:cool Keep up the great work; it's going to pay at the end!

Can't wait to see more of it!

(And I hope you didn't get my comment on the nose wrong, it was meant as a joke on the curvature of the original which you reproduced)

I got it Thorst :)

Next plan is carving up the Skirt to allow for the cockpit to be sunken slightly, I'm trying to reproduce as much as I can of the original, obviously I went my own way on mounting it all together as the vintage shots really don't show much, but they show enough to show theory...the rest is logic and a bit of forethought

0153630659211603_4860750706708780948_n_zpsntbsyhtg.jpg

Cant wait to see your painting skills on this one!

No doubt it will be awesome. Slave One is a real challenge painting-wise. With the layers of paint and getting the chipping just right.

After seeing what Guy did with his Y and Probe Droid, it's a sure bet this paint job will be top notch!

Thanks for the vote of confidence chaps, it's a long way off yet and I feel the painting will be harder than the build but I'll get there, what a lot of work just to paint something :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence chaps, it's a long way off yet and I feel the painting will be harder than the build but I'll get there, what a lot of work just to paint something :)

I remember an E-wing (I think...) that you painted up with a Slave 1 paint scheme. It was a beast! That was you right?

I remember an E-wing (I think...) that you painted up with a Slave 1 paint scheme. It was a beast! That was you right?

That it was, a very from memory type test to see how it looked, It came out not too bad and I learned a lot from it but now Ive seen the Mad Panda in the flesh and will likely go see it again just before I paint it. I hope to make the E wing look like a toy in comparison.

This ship will have so much love put into the paintwork that nothing but insanity will get me through it.

One of the huge differences about this V.4 to any previous version I worked on is the angle of the ship in relation to the horizontal, this time the ship is pointing upwards just like the original, the hole internal armature and overall design is hugely different. I would've never of got this correct position had the old one come to fruition for me. Its such an important factor to the over all look of the ship when displayed from the belly mount, so the armature position in relation to the hull was at the completely wrong angle previously.

0153634627066603_3287438119346740960_o_zpswklw7rn3.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers bud, it's slowly coming together, I just wish we had more old pics to view, there's a few things that I think they did but aren't sure. Which way to go. I'll be glad when the hull is all done so I can get on with the detailing. Really have to take my time trimming the skirt plate as to re do them once it's all bonded would be hell

The pic with the inside of the cockpit in place brings tears to my eyes! Man, that build is epic for sure:cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back