Skywalker Compass from TLJ

Two of us actually own one of the cast pewter compasses from TFF, originally we wanted to offer an upgrade kit for that compass, but it happens to be incredibly inaccurate and lacks in a lot of the detail from the original prop, so we thought making a whole new compass from scratch was just a much better idea.

Good decision. Do it right from the start. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Good decision. Do it right from the start. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Thank you! We’re just fans the same as everyone else, and we love the compass, we’re so passionate about attention to detail and getting things as accurate as possible, one to please ourselves with an accurate looking replica, and two to potentially and hopefully bring it to more people.

Hey Gang! I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it in one of the other Luke's Jedi Compass threads, but the hinge looks like a 1/12the scale dollhouse hinge. You can see the hinge at 8:04 in that video, the 4 teeth and 4 nail holes are visible, and you can even see the little pin is slipping out too!

So, that's one part you won't have to build yourselves! Hope this helps.

Hey Gang! I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it in one of the other Luke's Jedi Compass threads, but the hinge looks like a 1/12the scale dollhouse hinge. You can see the hinge at 8:04 in that video, the 4 teeth and 4 nail holes are visible, and you can even see the little pin is slipping out too!

yup! michaels crafts has a ton of them in their doll house section, and on their pre-made little boxes for like jewelry and stuff, those are in the wood craft section

yup! michaels crafts has a ton of them in their doll house section, and on their pre-made little boxes for like jewelry and stuff, those are in the wood craft section

Thanks guys i will check it out.

I got a little work done tonight. Off to bed for me it's 1:33 AM :)
bOTTOM RING 5.png

Hey @OBI WAN KEN0B1 ! In your post #29, it looks like you have a dot but no dash between Z and B at 9:00 above the 7 other dots and dashes. Not sure if you meant to do it this way or not, but I thought I'd mention it just in case it was a problem with your array.

Hey @OBI WAN KEN0B1 ! In your post #29, it looks like you have a dot but no dash between Z and B at 9:00 above the 7 other dots and dashes. Not sure if you meant to do it this way or not, but I thought I'd mention it just in case it was a problem with your array.

Details are intentionally being taken off from posts on here, to keep from theft.

All details are on it, rest assured

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back