Skin Texture of Predators

mothmonty

Sr Member
One of the new neato things about the Predators is their rough scale type skin, unlike previous preds with the smoother skin. Other than sculpting an entire skin does anyone have any idea how to accomplish the same look?

You can try Texture Stamps.

Depending on what type of clay you are using, the stamps may be to soft to leave any detail imprinted in it so you may have to cover the area you want to detail in Gel Medium or something similar.

You can buy Texture stamps online and at some art stores, or you can make your own. One popular way is to take something like an avocado and use liquid latex. Layer it on and let it dry. Repeat this to the desired thickness (probably 7 layers at least) then powder it lightly as you peel it off. You can then press the stamp into the clay or the gel on top over and over leaving the desired detail.

That's the simplest thing that I can think of. I look forward to seeing what others do though.

Hope that helps.

One of the new neato things about the Predators is their rough scale type skin, unlike previous preds with the smoother skin. Other than sculpting an entire skin does anyone have any idea how to accomplish the same look?

I was going to suggest a similar theory of making a large sample out of clay, and then creating a stamp as described above...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back