Sith trooper helmet 3D model

Traiturr

Hi everyone,
I just finished 3D modelling the new Sith trooper! I'm going to start printing and building it as soon I have time and money from selling it :)

You can buy it Here on CGTrader , Let me know if posting direct links is not allowed. Cheers!
front.png

side.png

1.png
2s.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

Last edited:
Good work, looks absolutely spot on to me :)
I think they have tried to distance themselves from the duck trooper look by emulating the t visor slit up the middle.
Do you like the design itself or are you just looking to get a few sheckels from an early model.

Good work, looks absolutely spot on to me :)
I think they have tried to distance themselves from the duck trooper look by emulating the t visor slit up the middle.
Do you like the design itself or are you just looking to get a few sheckels from an early model.
Well I can't lie and dismiss the sheckles part but this is actually my second favourite Star wars helmet after the death trooper, and those 2 are the only ones I modelled soo :D
Thanks for the feedback!

Yes I checked out you death trooper too it's really good.
What program do you use? I'm learning fusion but I'm way way off doing something like this :)
Have you posted it on the Sithtrooper FB group?

It's a nice looking 3d model but I think it could be improved in several areas. The spacing between the recessed lines at the back of the helmet doesn't appear very even. The teeth area is lacking details and doesn't assemble quite correctly. The black recessed line running around the jaw isn't deep enough. You're missing detail below the forehead (above the eyes)...
Here's pictures for you in case you'd like to rework few of these issues:
https://i.imgur.com/VCfM6oA.jpg

Yes I checked out you death trooper too it's really good.
What program do you use? I'm learning fusion but I'm way way off doing something like this :)
Have you posted it on the Sithtrooper FB group?
Oh, I didn't know there's one for Sithtrooper, mind linking me?
I mainly use Blender, I use fusion for more engineering type modelling, I remember I tried to make the death trooper in it but failed as it wasn't good with freeform shapes, i couldn't give the helmet uniform wall thickness for instance and inset parts of it without it messing up in some way.
I use Blender in conjunction with modifier based modelling to keep things simple to edit and keep the geometry of curved surfaces uniform.

It's a nice looking 3d model but I think it could be improved in several areas. The spacing between the recessed lines at the back of the helmet doesn't appear very even. The teeth area is lacking details and doesn't assemble quite correctly. The black recessed line running around the jaw isn't deep enough. You're missing detail below the forehead (above the eyes)...
Here's pictures for you in case you'd like to rework few of these issues:
Woah I didn't know you guys could get hands on with it, amazing pictures thank you! I've actually modelled the forehead details but I can't put it in the version I'm publicly releasing due to promises with SkyGunBro custom creatures, but soon I'll release an update with them. As for the rear lines I did fix them but the renders are before the fix. As for the nose details I'll see what I can do with them. Cheers!

Just search sith trooper in FB and 3 groups come up so far :)

Sith Trooper Build Group / 709th Legion Build Group this one seems to be the main one though

Thats Interesting about blender, I tried blender but the whole edge loops and modifiers thing got so confusing, I tried Fusion and fell in love with it.

I think i'll try Blender again though. I did the coffee and a donut Blender tutorial on TY, are there any other tutorials you could recommend for it?

Last edited:
Just search sith trooper in FB and 3 groups come up so far :)

Sith Trooper Build Group / 709th Legion Build Group this one seems to be the main one though

Thats Interesting about blender, I tried blender but the whole edge loops and modifiers thing got so confusing, I tried Fusion and fell in love with it.

I think i'll try Blender again though. I did the coffee and a donut Blender tutorial on TY, are there any other tutorials you could recommend for it?
Ooh, joined it
With blender i use a pretty special parametric workflow to have very minimal geometry to work with for easy modifications, I mostly had to discover things myself when it came to this as i couldn't find any others who relied mainly on modifiers and boolean operations. Though there's a course by CGMasters called Master car creation it explains some of the modifier based workflows and techniques to get super clean curved geometry. This video explains one essential technique I always use

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back