Singlepoint replica

JHVanOphem

I've been searching the archives and am surprised to see that nobody has ever offered a machined aluminium version of the Singlepoint scope.

It seems like a bit of a no-brainer, the only tricky bit being the clear cone and the rod.

Has anyone offered a kit before and I just can't find it? Has anyone tried to make it?

No machined replica, but RPF member trooper has offered THE best SP scopes/ -kits IMHO

Don´t know if he´s still offering them, but it´d be worth a shot to send him a PM

Alternatively you could try to find a MR SP scope, since quite a few prop-builder upgraded their ANh DH17 blasters with the real deal.

Markus

Thanks for the tip. I'm really hoping for metal though, but at least I have a backup plan.

if someone has a MR version, let me know.

We are working on a replica model of the scope.
18426679_1158991190889587_788703693_o.jpg18426683_1158991074222932_1202874167_o.jpg18426737_1158991014222938_1243442_o.jpg

Oh man - if something good comes of this and you do indeed get replicas out for sale somewhere you can bet I'll be in for a few! If it's something you haven't already considered I'd highly encourage you to make at least one of the piece parts available for separate purchase - the clear conical dome from the from end of the site. There are a lot of cast stunt props and Habsro DH-17 conversions out there very much in need of good, accurate domes - you'd have quite a market for that item alone. Count me in for sure!

Dan

Oh man - if something good comes of this and you do indeed get replicas out for sale somewhere you can bet I'll be in for a few! If it's something you haven't already considered I'd highly encourage you to make at least one of the piece parts available for separate purchase - the clear conical dome from the from end of the site. There are a lot of cast stunt props and Habsro DH-17 conversions out there very much in need of good, accurate domes - you'd have quite a market for that item alone. Count me in for sure!

Dan

been selling these for a couple years :)

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=255815

Here is the first print of the single point scope.
I need to find the right screws to add and I need to make a mold for the top.
For models that dont have the transparent top its good to go 4.

IMG_2257.JPGIMG_2235.JPGIMG_2259.JPGIMG_2234.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2236.JPG
    IMG_2236.JPG
    595.4 KB · Views: 187
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back