Sinestro movie ring (update 7/16)

Thanks guys. It's really great when you're satisfied with your own work, but it really is exciting and humbling when other people appreciate all the hard hours that have been put in. I appreciate your comments!

I've modified my design slightly to be more accurate to whats seen in the end credits scene and am now waiting on a prototype for that. When that one gets here and i finish it, i think i'll be ready to call it done and make a few more of them ;)

Not used to seeing the yellow ring with the same texture as the green (I honestly can't remember how it looked in the film, and pictures aren't as readily available as that concept image), but this looks good :) I'll be anxious to see what the final version looks like.

Just curious, is the yellow made with the same difficult dye process that the green was?

Thanks guys. It's really great when you're satisfied with your own work, but it really is exciting and humbling when other people appreciate all the hard hours that have been put in. I appreciate your comments!

I've modified my design slightly to be more accurate to whats seen in the end credits scene and am now waiting on a prototype for that. When that one gets here and i finish it, i think i'll be ready to call it done and make a few more of them ;)
That's what I was waiting to hear! Your rings put DC Direct's TO SHAME! And I can state that as FACT because I've finally received my DC Direct Movie Power Ring Prop Replica! ;)

Time to start saving up my dough...

Not used to seeing the yellow ring with the same texture as the green (I honestly can't remember how it looked in the film, and pictures aren't as readily available as that concept image), but this looks good :) I'll be anxious to see what the final version looks like.

Just curious, is the yellow made with the same difficult dye process that the green was?

Green Lantern After-Credits Scene

Pause it between 0:03 and 0:04 and you'll see the texture on the band.

The yellow on this ring was made using an easier process than on the green ring but i still need to perfect it. Mostly this ring was about making sure all the pieces fit together well (which they fit amazingly so) and figuring out the band texture. I'll be able to finalize the ring in a couple weeks when i get m second version in.

Bimmer, excelent job. You should be very proud.

Thank you! Its been a very fun project

That's what I was waiting to hear! Your rings put DC Direct's TO SHAME! And I can state that as FACT because I've finally received my DC Direct Movie Power Ring Prop Replica! ;)

Time to start saving up my dough...

That my friend, is a very bold statement! But i'm extremely honored you think so.

When i first saw pictures of the actual DC direct ring, i have to admit i was quite disappointed. They didn't even TRY to include any sort of crystalline look to the green face OR gem. Its just simple green resin and i really don't think it looks that great..Its so plain. Sure it may be super accurate to the hero ring, but there is no reason why they couldn't have tried to make it look more like the CGI ring which looks much better IMO, so that's what i've tried to replicate.

Looking great Bimmer. Although, after looking at it for a while I think I like the smoother look of the concept ring better than the screen accurate texture. I may change my mind when I see the one that you are waiting on right now.

I do agree with you on the DC Direct ring. They should have tried to make it look more like the CGI version. I also agree with Jack. Your rings are the best we have seen so far.

Last edited:
well the good thing about the concept ring over the movie ring is that its considerably easier to make and replicate the smooth look. So i'm sure i'll do both versions :)

Thanks for the compliment!

well the good thing about the concept ring over the movie ring is that its considerably easier to make and replicate the smooth look. So i'm sure i'll do both versions :)

Thanks for the compliment!

First, thanks for the link above, I made sure to save the video this time. Also, I'm glad that the smooth look isn't dead. (If you ever get around to a white ring, I think it would look better smooth. Just saying ;) )

Bimmer, your work is looking super-amazing!
Where are you getting your printing done? The metal bit looks like probably Shapeways? But they don't seem to have any materials that could do the colored bits? Are you doing them custom or is there another 3D printing service of which I am not familiar?

We both use shapeways for printing, as well as a few other people here. There's a trick to get the bits colored. I like the texture, and I agree that the band is bumpy in the film, and smooth in the book pictures. Great work!

We both use shapeways for printing, as well as a few other people here. There's a trick to get the bits colored. I like the texture, and I agree that the band is bumpy in the film, and smooth in the book pictures. Great work!

Could you possibly share that trick? A semi-transparent colored material like that would be ideal for a project I'm contemplating... (Don't worry, it's not GL-related!)

Any updates on this? I just got Bats 2814, and this would be the perfect companion piece.
Unfortunately, Bimmer has stopped talking about his movie rings and has also stopped communicating with his (now former?) business partner, Batjeepster/customizedhero. He also has not replied to Private Messages I sent him asking for an update on the rings. Nobody knows what's going on... except for Bimmer himself.

It really is a shame, though. He went to all the trouble to design and develop THE BEST replicas anyone has made of these rings, and now he's NOT going to do anything with them? He has G'nort only knows how many fans lined up, ready to buy them, and now he's NOT going to sell them? It's a real shame. :(

Unfortunately, Bimmer has stopped talking about his movie rings and has also stopped communicating with his (now former?) business partner, Batjeepster/customizedhero. He also has not replied to Private Messages I sent him asking for an update on the rings. Nobody knows what's going on... except for Bimmer himself.

It really is a shame, though. He went to all the trouble to design and develop THE BEST replicas anyone has made of these rings, and now he's NOT going to do anything with them? He has G'nort only knows how many fans lined up, ready to buy them, and now he's NOT going to sell them? It's a real shame. :(

Agreed! Bimmer's rings are by far the best replicas I've seen and I hope that once he's finished with his Thor's hammer and Captain America shield projects that he'll revist the rings. I for one will be eagerly waiting in anticipation!

BUMP!

So, Bimmer is still here, actively posting on his OTHER topics, but he refuses to post in the threads about his GL Movie Rings, won't reply to Private Messages asking for an update from people that have already made plans to purchase them from him, no communication with his business partner on this project, and with no explanation given. What the heck is going on here?!? :confused

As it stands right now, those of us that want replicas of these rings are now left only with the offerings from other makers, all of which are considerably inferior to what Bimmer was supposed to be making for us. :unsure

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back