Sinestro movie ring (update 7/16)

Re: Green Lantern Movie - Sinestro Concept ring

nice , will these be available ???

Yes they will. But not yet :)

Aw man, all these rings are cooooool, I want them all.

Yeah i'm excited to be able to get them all done. It'd be awesome to display all the colors

What materials are you using. I have been in jewelry and specialize in designing pieces for customers. if you are using a material such as white gold or silver you could add a type of antiquing such as what they use with class ring to give it a darker appearance or a black lacquer. It is looking really cool I like the silver though is show is off well.

Right now the most cost effective will be Stainless steel and Sterling silver. And yeah i'm looking into having a blackening finish methods on the bands. Will let ya know how that turns out!

when you send them off to be printed, how will the colored areas turn out? can they print those sections in a different material or will you make those parts out of resin later?

The colored areas will be made separately. I'm still waiting on my prototype pieces to do some color testing, but this is how the green turned out for my GL movie ring. and a little teaser at the yellow color (which isn't finished).

DSCN4597.jpg

DSCN4578.jpg

Stellar work man,
Gonna add lights to any of them?

It might be possible, but i don't have the knowledge or skill set yet to do that. Lights would really set these off though

Re: Bimmer's Green Lantern Movie - Sinestro Concept ring

I know it wasn't very clear earlier, but this thread is about my build and progress on the Sinestro ring. I let your other post go, but now its starting to feel like a bit of a hi-jack. Not trying to be a ****** but you do have your own interest thread. I could have easily started one as well the same time you did, but since you beat me to it i let it go. I'd prefer you keep your updates in your thread and i'll keep mine in my thread.

Anyway, i've been waiting to take some newer and better pictures of my ring, but i guess i'll post what i have now..

Flash
IMG014.jpg

Natural light
IMG038.jpg

Re: Bimmer's Green Lantern Movie - Sinestro Concept ring (update 7/11)

Both rings are coming along nicely :) Bimmer, I'm impressed at how you managed to recreate the texture of the crystal in the CGI ring, that must've taken some patience.

Thanks! I'm still not 100% satisfied with it yet, but its a good start. I just need to find some time to get back and finish my final tweaks and order some new versions.

and for fun, here is my latest movie version

IMG_20110709_214420.jpg

IMG_20110711_011515.jpg

IMG_20110709_214537.jpg

Last edited:

Also looks good :) Is that sparkling effect in the crystal the main change you made, or is that just a trick of the lighting?

If you're ever able to do a run of either ring, I'd be interested.

Also looks good :) Is that sparkling effect in the crystal the main change you made, or is that just a trick of the lighting?

The band is different too. Looks great.

Re: Bimmer's Green Lantern Movie - Sinestro Concept ring

I know it wasn't very clear earlier, but this thread is about my build and progress on the Sinestro ring. I let your other post go, but now its starting to feel like a bit of a hi-jack. Not trying to be a ****** but you do have your own interest thread. I could have easily started one as well the same time you did, but since you beat me to it i let it go. I'd prefer you keep your updates in your thread and i'll keep mine in my thread.

Sorry. You changed the name of the thread. Before yesterday it was not specific to your build and I thought it was just an open discussion on the prop. Great work by the way!

Re: Green Lantern Movie - Sinestro Concept ring

Thanks bud

untitled106.jpg

untitled107.jpg

Forgive the varying band textures and colors in each of my renders. I play around with those settings a lot. haha

These are fantastically awesome, all the rings on a spectrum of colour display would be awesome.

Very nice looking rings buddy. :thumbsup Love the fact you took the time to get the texture right and didn't rush it though really shows in the final product. Whole different league than the other options out there. :cool

Anyway, i've been waiting to take some newer and better pictures of my ring, but i guess i'll post what i have now..

Flash
IMG014.jpg

Natural light
IMG038.jpg

Thanks! I'm still not 100% satisfied with it yet, but its a good start. I just need to find some time to get back and finish my final tweaks and order some new versions.

and for fun, here is my latest movie version

IMG_20110709_214420.jpg

IMG_20110711_011515.jpg

IMG_20110709_214537.jpg
:eek
drool.gif

house-do-want.jpg

Nice work, Bimmer. Nobody comes close to the attention to detail that go into your rings. :thumbsup

Same... I'd buy both for sure!

update time!

Now the gem has been dulled significantly from working and sanding on the metal and has kinda stained the yellow with a greyish tint. It will have to be replaced as i wasn't super happy with the color previously anyway.

The band was darkened using a black oxidation process that physically turns the metal black.

Now you may be asking yourself why its not smooth like in the concept art?! Well, the ring band in the movie isn't smooth or clean like the concept art. Screen caps from the end credits sequence confirm that

IMG_20110714_133036.jpg

IMG_20110714_133014.jpg

IMG_20110714_133132.jpg

IMG_20110714_133209.jpg

IMG_20110714_133225.jpg

IMG_20110714_133303.jpg

IMG_20110714_133337.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back