Silicone Rubber Suits...How To Make, Paint...any interest in a cool tutorial?

Hi Isra,

Firstly, welcome the Lair.  There are a number of talented individuals here with plently of industry and personal experience that could point you in the right way.  It is worth dropping into the introduction thread and then starting your own thread in the "off-topic discussion" section.

Cheers

Isra said:
Wow, I find this thread impresive, it's exactly what I was looking for!
In my case I'm looking forward to do somehow the same thing as the Batman silicone costume but not for a human body but for a 16 cm. tall figure.

Somebody could help me to choose an apropiated platinum silicone for the final product? And which rubber urethane? I'm planning it to be a two pieces silicone costume that I'll model with NSP Plasteline over a copy of the figure (I'll add the guides to it in order to not letting it shift inside the mold). The idea is to cast an industrial-futuristic costume that I can put on/off the figure, so I need it elastic and as thin as 3 mm. plus It's not intended to be a toy but a durable little piece of art.

I think It would be unnecessary the use of a mother mold, am I right? Anyway, I'm a little overwhelmed by the amount of different silicones and Shore hardness in the market. Could somebody give me a hand, please :)
go to the following sites and get some education---these are just a couple of the many many sites out there. Also YOUTUBE is your best friend as well as previously mentioned--the SEARCH function here.

http://www.smooth-on.com

http://www.brickintheyard.com

I'm sorry, I thought it wouldn't be an off-topic asking about these tecniques in a small scale enviroment but I now understand this is a very specific thread. I've copied my message and I'm ok with its deleting by the administrator so I can start a new thread in the appropriate section. Thank you for your help, I come from the 3D industry where everything is intangible and I find this forum fascinating!
By the way, I've already started 'playing' with silicones, hope I have success in my project :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back