Signatures and props

As a general rule I would agree that if its a good prop having it signed does not inprove it. The only signed prop I have is a Klingon sword (Bakleth sp?) made out of perspex that I bought specificly to have signed. When I was getting it signed by Christpher Lloyd I did see a couple that had nice large models to the car to have signed on the bonnet which looked good.

Tom Wilson is coming to the local comedy club on 1/27-1/30. And I will prob have him sign my original BTTF movie poster.

Good luck with that. Tom Wilson refuses to sign anything BTTF related. I corrisponded with him through his website and I even offered to pay him for an autograph.

I met him back in 2006 and asked him to sign an Almanac that I had but he refused.

Don't waste your time.

I dunno, the only proof I really trust is when I have met actors etc. in person and obtained their signatures.

It's too easy to tell lies and fake sigs or print out those worthless COA's lol.

Having said that, Brad, if you send me your Stallone signed boxing gloves I will totally examine them and ultimately conclude they are genuine. It might take me a few decades, but eventually you might get them back.

I collect autographs from my favorite horror movies, but I prefer getting a 8 x 10, and or a mini movie poster signed. For some reason I don't see the appeal of signed items, other than books. I also make sure I get a couple pics of them signing items, and even a picture with them, if they allow it.

I have and would not buy a prop/poster that was signed. I just don't trust anyone.

After a few days of considering buying a Robert Downey Jr. Signed poster, I came to the same conclusion as you, unless the person has pictures like you in fact do, with the exception of the ones where you don't have pictures of the people signing SOMETHING from the same event.

Having said that, Brad, if you send me your Stallone signed boxing gloves I will totally examine them and ultimately conclude they are genuine. It might take me a few decades, but eventually you might get them back.

:lol :lol. I think my wife would cut my other nut off if I did that.

Good luck with that. Tom Wilson refuses to sign anything BTTF related. I corrisponded with him through his website and I even offered to pay him for an autograph.

I met him back in 2006 and asked him to sign an Almanac that I had but he refused.

Don't waste your time.

Well then I guess I wont go lol. I hate when actors are like that. The worst person I ever encountered was Edward Norton. He actually yelled at my GF and I when we asked if we could take a picture with him.

Signatures are too easily forged. I currently don't have any signatures since I sold my eFx tricorder, but I would not trust a signature that couldn't be verified. Buyer Beware seems most appropriate for this topic

There are some reliable sources, like officialpix and so on.

Ebay autos - some of them are laughable. I've seen too many Robert Shaw "signed" JAWS DVD covers....lol.

I really enjoy getting the autographs myself. And working in NYC I come across alot of celebrities. My new collecting hobby is getting original movie posters signed. So far I have an original Houdini poster signed by Tony Curtis who I had the chance to meet last year. A Stir Crazy poster that Gene Wilder was nice enough to sign. A Big Lebowski poster signed by Jeff Bridges and John Goodman. And the Blind Side that Sandra Bullock signed.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back